Why doesn't Ford race the GT?

Big 8

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
if you believe the wippet press release you're retarded. a stereo installed to keep him alert at le mans? yeah ok rice boy.

ford isnt going racing with it because they know they'll have their ass handed to them. the company is in the tank and they dont have the resources to spend in order to be a winner.

imagine the press when it comes in 4th each race behind 2 compuware vettes and an acemco saleen s7r which is itself a disappointment.

who would you have field it? roush? saleen? kenny brown?

put down the bong.

They seem to find a lot of money for racing the DBR9's didnt they?

Your right about one thing, if they did race they have nothing to gain. They are using this car as a LeMans winner and they never ran it. Even the new paint scheme is LeMans victory celebration!

Also since they have DBR9's they would be competing against themselves! Oh and those compuwear vettes didnt fair so well in their first couple of meetings with FORD's/Aston DBR9s did they?

Its not a money issue! Simply put there is nothing that could be gained.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Big 8 said:
They seem to find a lot of money for racing the DBR9's didnt they?

Your right about one thing, if they did race they have nothing to gain. They are using this car as a LeMans winner and they never ran it. Even the new paint scheme is LeMans victory celebration!

Also since they have DBR9's they would be competing against themselves! Oh and those compuwear vettes didnt fair so well in their first couple of meetings with FORD's/Aston DBR9s did they?

Its not a money issue! Simply put there is nothing that could be gained.

The AM are not running as much intake restrictions as the vettes. Wait until next year when they adjust the handicaps and the AM suck. Every first year car gets away with all kinds of things and it takes the rules commitee a year to adjust to them. It's what they did to the GTS-R. They kept restricting it until the vettes could beat them.

Formula51

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
The AM are not running as much intake restrictions as the vettes. Wait until next year when they adjust the handicaps and the AM suck. Every first year car gets away with all kinds of things and it takes the rules commitee a year to adjust to them. It's what they did to the GTS-R. They kept restricting it until the vettes could beat them.

Ahh, the part of racing you both love and hate! Wait until the Ford Fusion comes out next year in NASCAR and kicks arse in the hands of "lesser" drivers. In a year or two NASCAR will make restrictions and the field will be "leveled" again. Such is the nature of racing. Doh...I mentioned NASCAR again, sorry!

Big 8

Established Member
GTSpartan said:

Ah so true, however that wasnt my point. It was to simply illustrate that FORD has the money to run GT's should it choose. There is simpy nothing to be gained by it? Also that Pratt and Miller are very beatable. However I still pull for them to stick it to the euro snobs!

I simply wish there was a series with near production car versions, Some minimal susp , intake etc mods, and safety. Like the old days and scap the prototypes all together. Make every upgrade avaliable to the man on the street or its out!

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Big 8 said:
I simply wish there was a series with near production car versions, Some minimal susp , intake etc mods, and safety. Like the old days and scap the prototypes all together. Make every upgrade avaliable to the man on the street or its out!
That would be either Speed World Challenge series or Grand AM.

By the way, the Aston Martin DBR9's only won at Sebring vs the Works Corvettes (Corvettes came in 2, 3). The only other encounter they had, the Corvettes won i.e. Le Mans (Corvettes came in 1,2).

-RR

Users who are viewing this thread