Why doesn't Ford race the GT?

PonyXpress

Talk about a wasted opportunity. I don't understand why Ford hasn't built a racing program around the GT for ALMS, or at least offered a race ready GT like the FR500C Mustangs. Any thoughts on this?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
ive been wondering the same thing for a while now. maybe someone should send an e-mail to them asking them about it.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Maybe an owner's group will put together a team and race it in ALMS. That would certainly validate it.

-RR

PonyXpress

XR4Turbo said:
The car was designed as a road car though. Unlike the original.
So was the Corvette, but General Motors still threw money and resources into the C5/C6R program.

BTW, is forced induction allowed in American LeMans?

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Maniac Mechanic said:
So was the Corvette, but General Motors still threw money and resources into the C5/C6R program.

BTW, is forced induction allowed in American LeMans?

Yes.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Ford would be wasting their time, as the rules would be working against them. A supercharged, mid engined car in GTS or whatever they call it this year would be penalized...quite badly if I had a guess.

hk4site

Established Member
They are going to make 3000 to 4500 units and that's it. I guess the demand outstrips supply... why race

fordification

Established Member
I'm not sure about the ALMS but the 24 hour has a displacement restriction for FI cars, which I think is around 4.5L.

SGL

Banned
Maniac Mechanic said:
Talk about a wasted opportunity. I don't understand why Ford hasn't built a racing program around the GT for ALMS, or at least offered a race ready GT like the FR500C Mustangs. Any thoughts on this?

Maybe because no one wants broken control arms at 200mph.

Oops, that's in bad taste.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Ya, because cars that run in ALMS etc. use the same control arms that come on the public production versions.

Wake up... :loser:

SGL

Banned
50 BMG said:
Ya, because cars that run in ALMS etc. use the same control arms that come on the public production versions.

Wake up... :loser:

Actually you need to wake up. It was a joke. Yeesh, some of you get your panties in a bunch over nothing. Of course a race car will use it's own fabricated crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
zzZzz and how are readers suppost to know that? That choice of language sure didn't read like a joke. Put j/k @ the end of it for the idiots like me who can't perceive body language and voice tone through the internet.

Now I'm awake.

Vic

Established Member
Try using a little inflection in your vocal tone, to help your readers understand you are being humorous. Thats what I do, and believe me, it really helps. :thumbsup: :beer: :pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread