Why Does My 2019 GT Need 10 Quarts of Dino?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I can't remember reading why exactly that the coyote engine in my 2019 GT needs a 10 quart oil capacity. I remember being amazed my moroso pan on my 2008 GT took 7 quarts to fill.

Aeration?
Temp control?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Hmm, after more research, it appears direct injection is why oil capacity jumped 2 quarts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep. "The 5.0-liter Coyote features dual-fuel, high-pressure injection of the direct and low-pressure port varieties. This setup translates to more low-end torque, a higher redline, and improved gas mileage when connected to the 10-speed automatic tranny."

Coosawjack

Established Member
I have noticed the Oil Pressure on mine is all over the map........cruising at 20+ (PSI 1800 RPM'as) but goes up when power is applied....falling back at higher cruise and doesn't necessarily follow RPM's so must be controlled by the PCM as load increases and decreases?? I haven't found the Oil Temp gauge yet but still looking!!:cool:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have noticed the Oil Pressure on mine is all over the map........cruising at 20+ (PSI 1800 RPM'as) but goes up when power is applied....falling back at higher cruise and doesn't necessarily follow RPM's so must be controlled by the PCM as load increases and decreases?? I haven't found the Oil Temp gauge yet but still looking!!:cool:

Ford uses a variable oil pump in certain applications.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member

My Oil Pressure gauge acts the same as yours...normal from what I have read. Oil temp tho, I don't have the digital dash, so mine shows white>green>red in the center display.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yawnald’s on point. Direct injection contributes to quicker dilution of the oil via more fuel entering the crank case. Couple that with the long change intervals and you need a lot of oil to mitigate dilution. Even my gen 1 ecoboost 3.5 took nearly 8 quarts.

Users who are viewing this thread