Why do Jeeps hold their value so well?

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
There is a subculture that identifies with Jeep Wranglers. It is a very unique vehicle, both in history and compared to other vehicles on the road. The Wrangler is off-road in a box. It carries a go anywhere - do anything attitude. Plus a lot of chicks dig'em.

I owned a Jeep last summer. I bought it strickly to have for a summer to run some off-road trails. If I had more space in garage, a I would add a Wrangler Rubicon to my collection of cars for sure.

roadracer247

Established Member
MarlboroMan said:
Your completely going around everything that I said in my initial post. I asked for why are they valued higher than any other toy out there on the road. Then I listed the negative factors of Jeeps. You mean to tell me that a Jeep is the only toy out there on the road today? :lol: If I went any farther Id be typing for hours.

Again I have no idea while youre trailing off into price and how much money I have. Please do me a favor. Unless I ask the opinion of a 22 year old college kid with no vehicle, please dont reply in reference to my posts.

:dw: Did I say I am in the market for a Jeep right now? No. I did not. I said I always wanted to own a Jeep but it just amazes me how high their valued. I never said I couldnt afford one nor did I say I was looking to buy one now. If you cant understand the thread being posted then dont post useless comments agreeing with someone else because you want people to think youre smarter. Both of the posts your provided were nothing of any help pertaining to the question above. :kaboom:

Oh Edit: Im sorry if the above sounds assholish :lol:

Damn your a touchy one...apparently you can't read sigs either. Did you see the Silverado part? Apparently not. Have fun making your next post and have a nice day buddy... :lol:

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
MarlboroMan said:
Ive always wanted a Jeep Wrangler since I was about 16. Every now and then I browse around to see whats out there. It just amazes me, how much people really think their worth. Even by book they are valued high. Not so much any other Jeep. It just seems to be the Wranglers. It makes no sense since they are actually pretty cheap brand new.

Ive ridden in/drove Jeeps all my life. My brother had a Jeep. Several friends had Jeeps. Thats how I got attracted to them so much. And I just dont understand why they are worth so much. Even though I wouldnt want to own one for a daily driver, and a toy is all I think they are good for, my personal opinions of why I dont think they should be worth jack.......

-They are very low geared (Makes highway driving bad)
-They are very rough riding
-Practically zero luxury options
-Performance is very weak (4.0 with boltons has potential)
-A lot of cabin noise (even hard tops)
-Practically a 2 seater
-Piss poor gas mileage (even 2.5)
-Mass amounts produced
-Mechanically, not all that reliable. Most Jeep enthusiests who have owned nothing but Jeeps their own life, that I know personally, will admit they are prone to breaking with minimal to no off-roading. Every person I know who has owned a Jeep was always fixing something on it. And these are guys who take very good care of it. So from experience I definitely wouldnt say they are rugged as steel. Maybe more rugged than a KIA but not the toughest most abused withstanding machine on the road.

These negative factors above are from stock Wranglers too. Think about 70% of Jeeps out there today. Most have at least a small lift and bigger tires. That at a minimum affects your ride quality/comfort, increses noise, and performance decrease. Especially on the 2.5L. I just never understood why. :shrug: What do you guys think?

They have a cult following. I have owned a few jeeps. My first was an o1 60th annivesary that I lifted 4 inches with 33's. The guy who bought it dumped thousands more into it and it now sits on 37's. My last one was a 95 with 7 inches of lift, 35's, lockers, winch, air pump, hook up for welder, tons of other stuff I'm forgeting. Then i bought a Hummer which I then sold for my Cobra 5 months ago.

reddog4063

Established Member
I've always wanted one myself and have noticed that they hold their value well....that makes it far easier for me to drop the money on one as compared to say, a hyundai for the same price. I don't have the garage room now but hopefully someday....

Users who are viewing this thread