Why do i see so many flowmasters on turbo mustangs?

NVRENUF

Established Member
So i have been looking around the site and am starting to notice members with flowmaster exhaust on there turbo cars:shrug: Chambered mufflers are horrible for turbo cars!!! Back pressure is exponential depending on gear and rpm, which affects spool and more importantly power

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I bought my car with a flowmaster catback already on it. I promise you, the FIRST mod I do after getting it back from the rebuild will be a new cb. I just haven't decided whether it will be magnapack, borla or slp cb. It comes down to what I find a deal on really.

TRBO VNM

T,

the magnaflow magnapacks would sound killer. if you can hook up with badsube up your way, that is my old car. they are cheaper than the borla and full stainless. both the borla and magnapacks sound great.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
I just had the Magnapacks put in my car along with a full 3" cat back. Sounds pretty timid at idle but when you go WOT it sounds like a turbo Cobra should.

Mike

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
i have the flowmasters and yeas i know its restricting but i just havent gotten around to changing the cat back yet. Maybe ill just get some straight thru mufflers or either cut them off and run straight pipe.

candyroush

Established Member
borlas ftw, i had chambered muffler then swapped to these, definite power difference, should be hitting the dyno in the spring to see how much difference.
100_0075.jpg

KJS1820

Established Member
I love my magnaflow setup! real stealth sounding except when I get into boost anyway ;) I had flowmasters on a few fox bodies over the years but I am getting older and wanted my car to be a little bit quieter!

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
T,

the magnaflow magnapacks would sound killer. if you can hook up with badsube up your way, that is my old car. they are cheaper than the borla and full stainless. both the borla and magnapacks sound great.

Cookieman has them on his Procharged '96 and I love them. They sound very tame at idle and cruising but rip at WOT. I've been trying to find a good deal on them but so far haven't been able to. I regret installing the Borla catback on my '94 before selling it. It had 10,000 miles on it and I found it locally for $150. Pretty much all of the catbacks in the market are for IRS Cobras or 99+ SRA.

Users who are viewing this thread