Why did you sell your Shelby?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
" Most " owners that do this miss the grunt of the 500...
:iagree:

We’re close. I took your advice on the flooring. We should get together for a beer....
I figured we were - Steve alluded to your location when he told me he did your floor. Hope you remain happy with that?

Catching up for a beer sounds great! I saw @Dirks9901 at a couple of car events last summer, but he hasn't made it over here yet. We need to find a mutually agreeable day/time for that...

Sure I miss having the torque, who wouldn’t. I’m also plagued by being at 7K ft elevation. Aside from the GT350R’s tramlining, on shitty roads, it is lightyears ahead of the S197 chassis. If I wasn’t already balls deep in a ‘66 Stingray restoration, I’d consider a power adder on the Shelby.
I figured you'd really miss the torque up here. We converted to nothing but forced induction vehicles, including my Tacoma, for exactly that reason. I can't imagine driving a vehicle without it!

I've always liked C2 Vettes, so I look forward to seeing and hearing about yours.

The succession of my hobby is why I would eventually sell a car. As far as the Shelby line up, in my previous ownership, my budget could only do so much...

I wanted THE RIGHT 13/14 for me. I'm always envious of the Terminator guys who have had their car since damn near new, @03cobra#694 is one that comes to mind, and wanted to achieve that with a 13/14 Shelby. The right one came along for me...

There is no other real Shelby beyond the 2014. So I'm good. The only car I would like to get is a GT-40 when I crack the lotto.

Yeah I’m not going to ever sell... Shelby fits the bill in every way for me.

13-14 GT500’s are the last of the true Shelby’s imo. Its staying put.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

I figured we were - Steve alluded to your location when he told me he did your floor. Hope you remain happy with that?

Catching up for a beer sounds great! I saw @Dirks9901 at a couple of car events last summer, but he hasn't made it over here yet. We need to find a mutually agreeable day/time for that...

I figured you'd really miss the torque up here. We converted to nothing but forced induction vehicles, including my Tacoma, for exactly that reason. I can't imagine driving a vehicle without it!

I've always liked C2 Vettes, so I look forward to seeing and hearing about yours.

I’m definitely IN for getting a beer. We all need to figure out a time and meetup spot.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread