Who's using SCT Pro Racer Package for E85 tuning?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I have an XCacl2 so I'm thinking about getting the PRP and doing my tuning so I can make adjustments as needed instead of paying someone else several hundred $$$ for a one shot tune.

Those of you that have gone the PRP route for tuning E85 let me know your impressions. How easy is it to pick up the software ( I have an IT background so I'm comfortable w/ computers and techy stuff )? How flexible is the software? How hard is it get the drive-ability aspects right? Is it necessary to use a wide-band O2 sensor and if so what's the best wide-band to use w/ the PRP and E85 tuning?

Janstang

Established Member
I run the PRP with mine. Couldn't find a very good base tune from anyone to work with my 160lb. injectors, so I hauled it over to Watertown and had Andy work his magic on it. Runs great now. I use the Zeitronix wideband with mine.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Kevin uses this, I'm sure he will chime in. Yes, it is imperative to use a wideband.

I am running the AutoMeter Phantom.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I am running the PRP as Chris mentioned. It is not too difficult to learn as long as you take your time. I recommend getting LaSota Racing's training CD to help you get familiar with the software.

The Pro Racer Package comes with the factory tune for your vehicle and allows you to modify from there. It has many built in "Value Files" to help you set up your base tune quicker.

For a wideband I have had good luck with the NGK AFX. The Zeitronix is supposed to work good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread