Whos using E85 in their 2011/2012 Mustang GT?

Radar Doc

Established Member
I've been running E85 in my 2011 since July 4th. No mods needed other than a tune. Smoothest performing tune I've had yet, with no issues at all. Data-logging says the fuel system handles the extra volume with no problem. No dyno runs or ETs to post, but I hope to get it back to the track sometime soon. Just took it on a 500 mile road trip last weekend and she knocked out 22 mpg.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I've been running E85 in my 2011 since July 4th. No mods needed other than a tune. Smoothest performing tune I've had yet, with no issues at all. Data-logging says the fuel system handles the extra volume with no problem. No dyno runs or ETs to post, but I hope to get it back to the track sometime soon. Just took it on a 500 mile road trip last weekend and she knocked out 22 mpg.
Outstanding, Thanks for the info. :beer:

Radar Doc

Established Member
You're welcome, and i forgot to mention the exhaust pipes stay amazingly clean. I have the GT-500 axle-backs. The day I converted to E85, I wiped the tailpipes clean. I can still run my fingers inside the tailpipes without getting them dirty.

I'll be taking a trip from Minnesota to Mississippi next month and won't be able to run E85 all the way because there aren't enough stations that sell it. I'm so happy with the E85 tune, it's going to bug me to run the gas tune again.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
You're welcome, and i forgot to mention the exhaust pipes stay amazingly clean. I have the GT-500 axle-backs. The day I converted to E85, I wiped the tailpipes clean. I can still run my fingers inside the tailpipes without getting them dirty.

I'll be taking a trip from Minnesota to Mississippi next month and won't be able to run E85 all the way because there aren't enough stations that sell it. I'm so happy with the E85 tune, it's going to bug me to run the gas tune again.
:beer:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member

Any updates on what type of gains to expect switching to e85? I'm from MN as well...where did you get it tuned?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Hi Aaron, I am going to be ordering your kit shortly. Do you have any aftermarket fuel rails that are red in color? Also, any pumps you like better than the next when running E85?

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Hey Sambandit,
If your interested in getting red rails I can have a set of our rails powder coated for you. Your looking at about an extra $100 or so for that and a little bit of time to get them coated.

We normally prefer to run our 450 pumps we offer in E85 setups.

Give us a call and we'll set you up with what you need.

Aaron

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I was asking mainly about gains from switching to e85 on NA coyote/roadrunner motors....everything I've read suggests no fuel system upgrade is required for NA cars running e85.

Radar Doc

Established Member
Any updates on what type of gains to expect switching to e85? I'm from MN as well...where did you get it tuned?

Last time I was at the track over in Wisconsin, I ran 12.50s at 114.8 mph with a Lund E85 tune, vs a previous best of 12.50s at 112.5 mph with the BAMA 93 race tune. A lot of variables here. Two different tracks, it was 20 degrees warmer outside with the E85 runs, and two different tuners. I'm not claiming a big gain, but there is something there anyway. I was really having traction issues on the drag radials when running E85, but I think that was more due to the lack of track prep.

Since my last post in this thread, I've started using the SCT Pro Racer Package to tune the car myself, and added 47 lb injectors to go with the off-road H-pipe I will be installing shortly. Still working on the timing tables (taking it slowly), but the car runs great and datalogs are looking good.

I had absolutely no problems running E85 with the stock fuel system/injectors, but from everything I've read...you need to upgrade the injectors if you have a few bolt-ons. From my understanding, even Lund is requiring at least 47s now.

mr.slow_5.0

im looking to go full bolt on e85 tune anybody know it what ball park numbers im going to get at the wheel its on a 2012 mustang gt

Users who are viewing this thread