Who's tuned by JDM engineering

NiceCobra

Established Member
I'm still looking for someone new to tune my cobra. Anyone have anything to say about jdm engineering in freehold?

They seem to treat some customers well and others not so well.

If you're willing to drive down to Freehold or are in that area, you should go further to Toms River and have Kevin from WickedMotorsports tune it. He has an outstanding reputation tuning Cobras.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea I know he does . But he needs me to drop the car off for a few days. And I've heard that few days turns into weeks/ months

Yea I know he does . But he needs me to drop the car off for a few days. And I've heard that few days turns into weeks/ months

If the car is just being tuned, its just a few days with WickedMotorsports. From what I've seen written on these forums...the weeks/months situations involved mechanical work in conjunction with tuning.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Both cars were tuned by JDM. ( they also did all the major mod work )
The owner, Jim Sr. used to work for Ford...............as a tuner.
It's a busy shop & can be hard to get an appointment, wouldn't take either car anyplace else.

Holovacko

Established Member
I'd take the extra time and go to Revolution Automotive.(MD) They'll tune it while you wait. Granted, it may take a couple extra hours, but get an early appointment and you'll be done after lunch, driving it back home. I live in Central Jersey, it was worth the extra time to drive there.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Both cars were tuned by JDM. ( they also did all the major mod work )
The owner, Jim Sr. used to work for Ford...............as a tuner.
It's a busy shop & can be hard to get an appointment, wouldn't take either car anyplace else.

I just got off the phone with jdm. he said Jim is in Texas for a week and to callback next week . I think I'm going to try them out.
Hopefully they have an opening soon so I can start driving my car again

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I just got off the phone with jdm. he said Jim is in Texas for a week and to callback next week . I think I'm going to try them out.
Hopefully they have an opening soon so I can start driving my car again
Most of the clients are racers & he spends a lot on time on the road @ big events.
Hard to get an appointment, but for me the results were worth it.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Yea hopefully he'll have an opening soon. I won't drive my car until I get a new tune.
If he doesn't have any openings I'll keep looking

NiceCobra

Established Member
Nvm not going to jdm. Just got off the phone with them they said my setup requires new pumps and a different maf since they haven't tuned the vmp 3000 yet.

Holovacko

Established Member
You can try Tune Time performance in Lakewood. They tune a lot of LS stuff, but do Ford too. Farther down South Jersey, call All Out Automotive

evolve

Established Member
Competition Speed and Sound if its not too late. Trust me. Numbers in sig. Also great price. PM Jason at TRBO VNM.

Users who are viewing this thread