Who's the kid from Dallas Area w/ Black 03 Cobra

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
WESLS6 said:
Well i hope to do better than that! I ran 12.40's stock. Should be fun, i will try to make it. When is the Stang going to be out again, i miss that car. It brings back memories of my old car the way it looks.
Its running now, it made 416/406 a couple weeks ago at Speedworks on motor with the new long tubes. Blower is on hold for a while, need to save up some money, and not sure if I want to actually put another blower on it or not, it is a lot more driveable the way it is on the street. It has a major fuel leak in the back around the filler neck, so I am not driving it anywhere till I get that fixed.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
WESLS6 said:
UM YEAH, you need to fix the fuel leak for sure. What about doing a turbo? Much more streetable!
I just put 2,000 in headers and X pipe on it, so no turbo for that motor probably ever, but at least not till I get my 2K of enjoyment out of it...

Plus the S/C I had was totaly streetable, not much different than now, just about another 300 RW... lol. :thumbsup:

StockVette

Established Member
Clutch is going in this week - I'll be up there............ soooon.

I cant wait to get drug all over the george bush by coleman and wes :thumbsup:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
WESLS6 said:
Who's headers and x-pipe? Are you all for sure going to the track?
Yea man we are gonna leave KC around 4-5 hopefully and not hit too much traffic! Come on out, or contact Mark, he has the details. I am taking the Porsch, its gonna be ready, the smog pump blew up, so I told them to just take the belt off it and leave it broken lol... saved me $1,500. :thumbsup:

Stainless Steel 2 inch Kooks into 3.5 inch collector and a 3.5 to 3" custom Dr Gas X pipe, plus install.

StockVette

Established Member
why the hell do you think you need 2" primaries??? Are you planning on making 1000 rwhp? Especially if your motor is only 347 cid..

habib

Established Member
StockVette said:
why the hell do you think you need 2" primaries??? Are you planning on making 1000 rwhp? Especially if your motor is only 347 cid..

he might be

last time he had a blower on his car, he was making around 800rwhp

In Flames

Established Member
I already owned Stroked at the stip and so who else wants some :eek: Hehe, just messing with you Matt :) Damn man, you picked up a bunch with those long tubes. You'd kill me know :bash: Hopefully you will be like this again off of the line :sleeping:

I've known Wes for a while and he's cool as hell. Like Stroked had said already he just likes to go fast and have fun. Now habib on the other hand just likes to go 180+ on the tollway while passing cars around a corner on the sholder and in the dirt! Gotta admit it was pretty fun though :D

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
WESLS6 said:
Very nice!!!! Who built them for you and who installed it?
Kooks built the headers, Anthony Jones built the K I needed for the headers to fit, and Speedworks did the kick ass install, James and Wes... :coolman:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
StockVette said:
Nah, not 1000, but 900 or so. My pump won't go much more than that, and I don't want to put a race specific only pump on the car that will over heat on the street...

I have a 8.5-1 408, made 416 RW N/A on 87 octane a few weeks ago. The YSi will be set to only about 20 psi, I just haven't ordered it yet, still in process of building my dad's Vert with same blower and a 351. When it is totally together and running well (tuned), I will order my charger and step up to the plate.

In-flames, that is just dirty, race me again on tires next time. :-D I ran a 7.7 when it was making 383 RW like when we ran, on 17"s. :thumbsup:

WESLS6

Established Member
Thanks for the words White Lightning!

Habib: when is my turn for a ride???? I didnt see you at the track last weekend?

STROKD: your car was running good the other night, wish the rain would have held for a little longer. Cant wait until your car is ready again, when is the vert going to be out and about???

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
WESLS6 said:
Thanks for the words White Lightning!

Habib: when is my turn for a ride???? I didnt see you at the track last weekend?

STROKD: your car was running good the other night, wish the rain would have held for a little longer. Cant wait until your car is ready again, when is the vert going to be out and about???
Thanks man, it was my first time to have that car at the track, I've only owned it a week... lol.

My dad took it many many years ago and ran 2 14.0s at the same speed 101-102, so, I was happy to drop almost half a seconf off that. I think with another run it woulda gone a 13.5 with a shorter shift, I was rapping it too close to 7 K, and I powershifted the last race and it hopped a little on the 1-2 shift, so I think that cost me a tenth too. :nono:

The vert is together, dad and I finshed rewiring the nightmare Carlstrom left us, its all back to normal now with the wires in their proper places. We only have the radiator, upper manifold, valve covers, crank pulley, and blower bracket and such, so maybe a couple weeks... :-D

My car like I said will be slow for a while, its still running mid 11s or so, but its much slower trap speed than it was, bout 20 or so. :p

Ford4me

AMERICAN!!!
Established Member
I can't believe I just read 12 pages of this. Lets change the name of this thread to a novel so we can get college credits for reading it....

Users who are viewing this thread