Who's still paying these prices?

Hootrlvr

Established Member
Can't believe my local Ford dealer is still asking so much money for these new Cobras. They're asking 41k for the coupe and 45k for the vert. Guess that's why they still had several on the lot. Anyway, one would be crazy to pay this when I hear of so many people getting better deals. Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
There's been a silver one sitting at Kerry Ford for over three months now. They have a 5K markup over sticker on it. I drove 100 miles up the road and got one for more than a thousand below sticker.

NastyWS6

Established Member
They will contiue doing that until they get someone to pay it, or when they finally realize nobody will pay that much for one of those cars.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
Our local dealer has dropped the $3k market adjustment on coupes but is still trying to hang on to the $5k overage on the convertible. I almost had to Roe Shambeau the sales manager to get a test drive.

Todd

slpcamaross98

Established Member
wayne ford dropped there market adjustment from 5k to 2500 over sticker i was in there just the other day tring to get a deal and they would not budge on it all i asked for was sticker and they said they couldnt do it but that they could save me money by giving me more for my trade they wanted to do this give me the car for$ 37,425 then they were going to give me $ 23,000 for my lightning that they r putting a new motor in they said just leave the truck here and we can do this deal they were also going to give me 5.25% fin for 5 years with 4,000 down and the payment was going to be like 590 a month what do guys think of this deal:beer:

95rcobra

Just got my 03 Redfire coupe last friday from Beau Townsend Ford in Ohio for invoice price. they have only been a SVT dealer for a short while and Ford allocated them 14 or more cobras. I just had to jump on that deal. Just 2 miles away from where I work here in NJ good ol wayne Ford has the 03's sitting out on the lot for a 5k adjustment price over MSRP. they need their heads examined. thanks for Fair and Honest dealers that are not so greedy when it comes to selling these 03's. I am just glad that I got hooked up with this dealer in ohio. later, 95rcobra.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
I bought mine off the lot on 01-17-03, they had a $5000 mark-up on it. It was delivered to them on 11-05-02, so it was there for 2.5 months. I think they were motivated to sell it because they very quickly agreed to go $1000 below sticker.

95rcobra

Hey SLP,
I was glad to see that Wayne ford has smartened up a little and lowered that adjustment price. it is still too much to pay. Get hooked up with Beau Townsend Ford in Ohio and get an 03 for invoice. Coupe or Conv. it was around $550 to transport the car to NJ and was well worth it. their phone number is 1-800-998-9596. talk to Mike Schmidt he will set you up. later 95rcobra.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by slpcamaross98
wayne ford dropped there market adjustment from 5k to 2500 over sticker i was in there just the other day tring to get a deal and they would not budge on it all i asked for was sticker and they said they couldnt do it but that they could save me money by giving me more for my trade they wanted to do this give me the car for$ 37,425 then they were going to give me $ 23,000 for my lightning that they r putting a new motor in they said just leave the truck here and we can do this deal they were also going to give me 5.25% fin for 5 years with 4,000 down and the payment was going to be like 590 a month what do guys think of this deal:beer:

That sounds like a really good deal, with the exception of the 4k down.

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
Here in Arkansas I got mine for sticker. 34,750. They had it marked for 41K. I told them that I could buy them all day new on Ebay for 32,000 from a place in Dallas and started to leave.
Needless to say they came down to sticker. 5.75 percent for 5 years. I got it on Jan. 9, 2003.

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
As 95rcobra stated,

Beau Townsend Ford
1020 West National Rd.
Vandalia OH 45377

1-800-342-9596

They have 10 left for below sticker! One or two of all the second run colors. They are looking to move them and will sell them for "INVOICE"!

9900blueoval

Established Member
any place u go to in jersey they try to rape u oasis ford on rt 9 old bridge just sold my friend red 03 conv. for 43000 to much for having 4000 miles on clock go to pa c/c ford has for invoice so does mcafferty in langhorne pa

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by 9900blueoval
any place u go to in jersey they try to rape u oasis ford on rt 9 old bridge just sold my friend red 03 conv. for 43000 to much for having 4000 miles on clock go to pa c/c ford has for invoice so does mcafferty in langhorne pa

OMG that dealership is on some good crack.

Got-Cobra?

Established Member
Originally posted by 9900blueoval
old bridge just sold my friend red 03 conv. for 43000 to much for having 4000 miles on clock

I think the only person on "CRACK" is the person that actually paid $43k for an 03 Cobra! He must have more money than he knows what to do with for paying that price!:xpl:

eemzee

Established Member
Originally posted by Got-Cobra?
As 95rcobra stated,

Beau Townsend Ford
1020 West National Rd.
Vandalia OH 45377

1-800-342-9596

They have 10 left for below sticker! One or two of all the second run colors. They are looking to move them and will sell them for "INVOICE"!

What again is invoice on the coupes? Thanks.

CaliCobra

Established Member
That's all well and good, but how come they aren't listed as a SVT dealer and when you check their inventory they have 0 Cobra's ??

Users who are viewing this thread