Who's Installed the QTP Electric Exhaust Cutouts?

Whosthe

Established Member
Put them in myself with a pair of ramps in the street about a year ago. I did not get the remote. I have a hard wired switch in the center console. I sued to go back and forth with them open and closed. For about a month now I have just had them open and I love the sound!
I would recommend them if you dont like noise at times as you can revert to stock sound without crawling under the car to reinstall the restrictor plates in the exhuast.

Whosthe

Established Member
Great son. You guys are really going to enjoy pulling up somewhere with them closed and then hitting the switch and listening to the sound increase.

GottaBoss

Established Member
Great son. You guys are really going to enjoy pulling up somewhere with them closed and then hitting the switch and listening to the sound increase.

I paid for him to attend Track Attack with me. Up to now he's been a truck guy but I think his horizons have been broadened.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Is the install on this product difficult? I cant see it being that hard but I bought mine slightly used with no instruction manual. I understand that there is a gound and power wire. Where are they tunneled to get into the center console and do I have to wire it all the way to the battery or splice it somewhere in between?

GottaBoss

Established Member
Is the install on this product difficult? I cant see it being that hard but I bought mine slightly used with no instruction manual. I understand that there is a gound and power wire. Where are they tunneled to get into the center console and do I have to wire it all the way to the battery or splice it somewhere in between?

I started this thread and now have my cutouts installed.

No, it is not difficult. Just do the install when you have the time to do it right and take some time to think things out in advance. It was helpful for me to get the car up quite a ways (on jack stands) so it was comfortable to work under - especially for running the wiring.

Installing the valves themselves is the easiest part although I found that you need to pay attention to make sure the valves are centered in the pipe - otherwise they will bind. There is a lot of leeway in how the valves can be positioned.

Making the decision about how to route the wiring takes some thought. I didn't want my wiring to interfere with any future maintenance/repair and I wanted it to look stock so I routed under the insulation/heat shields, up the firewall, joined the two at the top of the firewall and then went down and into the cabin through the hole in the firewall that was left open by the sound tube delete (I found a PCV valve grommet that fit perfectly). I also put all of my wires in stock looking plastic sheathing.

I then went under the driver's side carpet in into the center console/shiifter area where I tapped into the console power outlet wire. I would have rather found a switched wire but they are few and far between (there was one available in the console area on the '12s that's no longer present on '13s). The only one I was able to locate was related to the stability control and I didn't want to mess with it.

I went with the hardwired switch and place it on the side of the console next to the e-brake handle - it's a very handy place to have it.

I can't imagine going much if any further with the wires and I had just enough from the passenger side and a foot or so extra on the driver's side.

Yes, there is a ground wire and I took it to a bolt under the console as well.

I've had mine installed for a couple of weeks now and they work great. It's really nice to be able to adjust the sound depending on the situation.

Here are some pics of my install...

DSCN3441_zps7b640f19.jpg

DSCN3443_zps93feb8a3.jpg

DSCN3449_zps6fb84c22.jpg

DSCN3531_zps9d85d401.jpg

DSCN3532_zps8500f1e3.jpg

DSCN3533_zpsf1b01209.jpg

DSCN3534_zpsdfb4d6ee.jpg

DSCN3529_zps64ec4a44.jpg

P.S. No, I am not working under the car with just a pump jack in the rear. There are floor jacks just outside the camera's field of view and I left the pump jack there as an extra line of defense. I like big, heavy things I'm working under to be well supported!

Last edited:

racered302

You did a nice job. I ran mine behind the heat shield and under the shifter boot to the center console. I have the wireless box just in front of the storage box in the center console. The remote became my new key chain, harder to loose that way. I've had it in for about a 1.5 yrs and works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread