whos from wisconsin????

Harleyvrod54

Established Member
Now the weather sun is finally popping through the clouds, I need to finally tint the mustang windows.

Any one have suggestions for a good tint shop around Waukesha/Milwaukee area?

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I think someone is FAMOUS.... Rantoul Illinois. Hope you had a great time at No Fly Zone with Omega Motorsports.

01.jpg

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I think someone is FAMOUS.... Rantoul Illinois. Hope you had a great time at No Fly Zone with Omega Motorsports.

Haha, yea! Bummer that the weather didn't cooperate on Sat, but I stayed long enough that I got to make a couple solo passes. Sunday was nice, but I wasn't racing that day! Hopefully they come back next year!

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
I think they will have the No Fly Zone Event this fall too. They had it last year in Sept. according to their facebook page.

Native

Established Member
Haha, yea! Bummer that the weather didn't cooperate on Sat, but I stayed long enough that I got to make a couple solo passes. Sunday was nice, but I wasn't racing that day! Hopefully they come back next year!

I heard that they are tentatively making plans to come back in the fall.
I really wanted to make this event but glad I didn't because I would have went Saturday in the rain. I didn't want to go racing with my Takata defective airbag.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I heard that they are tentatively making plans to come back in the fall.
I really wanted to make this event but glad I didn't because I would have went Saturday in the rain. I didn't want to go racing with my Takata defective airbag.

We spoke with Tony, who I believe is the owner of Omega Motorsports, and he said if the response was positive they would try for next year and/or this fall, so hopefully! I had a blast and plan on going whenever they decide to have it again.

Here's a video of one of my passes. It was a bit squirlly on take-off, but after about 50-60 it was fine.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/omegamotorsportevents/videos/396030190567432/[/video]

I managed 150mph on this pass, so I'm pretty confident I'd be 160+ in the dry.

Last edited:

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
Is it going to snow... LOL... This cold weather is killing me.

On a side note - went to RA last weekend saturday. LAPS Inc. had a HPD day. It was a good time. I didnt race but just watched with my son. Unfortunately 1 of 2 mustang GT's on the course blew out one of his spark plugs from the head. Guy was from northern Illinois. Long haul back since they didnt trailer the car.... OUCH! He took it to a local ford dealer in hopes of getting a LARGER heli-coil put in to get it home.

Ah note to self: Heli-coils dont work for racing applications.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
They officially announced a September event! I'll be going for sure both days and I'll try to register to race on Saturday.

ClubVenom1, now's your chance to go!! haha

fordman2012

Established Member
So who is all going to automotion and what time are you guys getting there? Im hoping to be there by Friday morning/afternoon and camping until Sunday. if anyone else plans on going we will have to find a time to get together!

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
So who is all going to automotion and what time are you guys getting there? Im hoping to be there by Friday morning/afternoon and camping until Sunday. if anyone else plans on going we will have to find a time to get together!

I'll be there Thursday evening through Sunday early afternoon.

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member

I plan on going if there is NO rain ER Snow in the forcast. LOL. Oh and if my new Tire's get here in time too which they should. Been running on thin skins. Lots of fun on them. If they could only talk.... the stories they would tell. Campfire time!!!!

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
They officially announced a September event! I'll be going for sure both days and I'll try to register to race on Saturday.

ClubVenom1, now's your chance to go!! haha

Hmmm. I should have my E85 build done by then. Just maybe make it... if I dont blow up my engine before then. LOL.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Nice! we will be camping at Christmas mountain village so you will have to stop out for a beer if you want or else we will have to try to meet up!

Not sure what my group has planned, but I'll keep an eye out for you!

Hmmm. I should have my E85 build done by then. Just maybe make it... if I dont blow up my engine before then. LOL.

Haha, the event was a blast, so you'll definitely have fun! There was a sliver Cobra there on Sunday with a Procharger, but I didn't get to see him run :(

Users who are viewing this thread