Who's from Iowa?

Native

Established Member
What's up guys. Might be making a move down to central Iowa early this summer. Not sure if there is a local forum or club but it'd be cool to organize some meets or join some existing ones.

03snkvert

Established Member
We all usually try and get together a couple times a year, or at least meet up at the cars and coffee once a month. I used to try and put together a cruise to Council Bluffs, but that has fizzled out. Think I may just kill that account and keep our Central Iowa SVTP page.

Maybe we can have a cruise and head east or north this time.

Native

Established Member
We all usually try and get together a couple times a year, or at least meet up at the cars and coffee once a month. I used to try and put together a cruise to Council Bluffs, but that has fizzled out. Think I may just kill that account and keep our Central Iowa SVTP page.

Maybe we can have a cruise and head east or north this time.
Do you guys have a local site or just this one? Doesn't seem like there's much action here.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
there is a facebook page/group or something a lot of the members use. I haven't been on it as I don't facebook/social media. Dont think many have their cars out yet. Sites aren't usually that active in the winter.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Iowa mustang guys are spread out across different sites for some reason. Someone with more ambition than I have could try to remedy that I suppose, but I think a few have tried with facebook groups and got the same results.

There are 2-3 mustang clubs in central IA. The Mustang Club of Central Iowa has a big Mustang/Ford show they put on in Valley Junction (old part of West Des Moines) each summer. This year it is Sunday, June 4th.

03snkvert

Established Member
This is where we usually try to post up:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/centraliowasvtp/

I Have, soon to be had! a SVTP cruise to Council bluffs page, but there are almost 200 people, and when I tried to put a cruise together for this year, I got like 4 people to respond, so I don't think it is going to happen this year. Trying to look into some other type of cruise though

yellow03cobra

Established Member
bought a 2.9L black whipple this morning, I'll post pictures of it when it arrives. Anyone want to buy my tvs?:)

zeus201

Established Member
Do you guys have a local site or just this one? Doesn't seem like there's much action here.
JustaGT2504 (Lance) rolls around with a bunch of local guys and seem to get together more often.

There is another Car / Coffee Des Moines that is hosted the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month during the nice parts of the year.

Also, the local mustang club has their annual mustang show Sunday June 4th @ Valley Junction. A few of us usually go down and check it out as there at ton of cars that enter. I personally dont enter as you are there the whole day which is boring AF.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Nice, time for E-85
patiently waiting....or something....WHY ISN'T IT HERE YET

IMG_0109.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
I just cant bring myself to mod this cobra. Thought about getting some visual stuff like carbon fiber sideskirts and cowl cover.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I just cant bring myself to mod this cobra. Thought about getting some visual stuff like carbon fiber sideskirts and cowl cover.

probably a smart idea not to mod it. TVS is sold. Whipple is back ordered another month. Can't drive car...... Sad.

M240Bravo

Established Member
This is where we usually try to post up:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/centraliowasvtp/

I Have, soon to be had! a SVTP cruise to Council bluffs page, but there are almost 200 people, and when I tried to put a cruise together for this year, I got like 4 people to respond, so I don't think it is going to happen this year. Trying to look into some other type of cruise though

Not to be mean on this, and I have brought it up to you a few times. You asked the people from omaha who at the time didn't even own cobras(mustangs,toys,etc) and they didn't want to do it. The last two times you guys came to omaha I brought more people myself then guys from fb or this forum brought(omaha people).

The last time you guys came you listened to 2 people that wanted to go to car show then go cruise, so you guys drove that far to sit and eat then have the omaha people sit in a car show while about 10 of us went out and cruised.

I don't have fb, but if you want to come to omaha let me know, I know midwest stangs and mcco would show up and eat and then cruise.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Fits pretty bad in the back. Had to bend the upper lip of the firewall so it would drop down in place. Wire looms are pushing on the back of it. Hoses are hard to connect. Gasket maker seal underneath, hopefully no leaks when it's done. Install is a real pain and I'm barely started.

IMG_0138_1.jpg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
I like that part of the process lol! Have to go home and finish up putting the rear subframe back in the cobra. Did the FTBR kit and cover, along with a TruTrac diffy.

Users who are viewing this thread