Who's from Iowa?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Just got it back, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, braided clutch line. Can't wait for it to be broken in.

zeus201

Established Member
Anyone going to the annual mustang show down at Valley Junction next Saturday? I'm not entering, but weather is nice Ill drive down and check things out.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Anyone going to the annual mustang show down at Valley Junction next Saturday? I'm not entering, but weather is nice Ill drive down and check things out.

Yeah, I'll be entering mine.

Native

Established Member
Can't find any 93 octane in the Ankeny area. Anyone know of a place in Ankeny, Altoona or NE Des Moines?

Nate14120

Established Member
That Casey's does not have 93. Pretty sure none of the normal Casey's carry 93. You could still give it a check though if you're nearby. Sorry man.

zeus201

Established Member
Can't find any 93 octane in the Ankeny area. Anyone know of a place in Ankeny, Altoona or NE Des Moines?
Some Kum and Go's will carry 93. The one I go to in Ames carries 93.

I wonder if the 36th Street exit in Ankeny has it?

zeus201

Established Member
How was the turn out at the show today? It was way to hot to drive down.

zeus201

Established Member
No, I checked that site too. They don't have it. I'll continue to call gas stations. If I have to drive to Ames I can do that. Suppose I could just buy injectors, fuel pump and get tuned for E-85! ;)

haha, e-85 is everywhere. unsure if you are aware:

http://www.karlperformancecustomshop.com/cars-and-coffee.html
or
https://www.facebook.com/pg/KarlPerformance/events/

a few of us usually go to this every month. get there early if you want to park around the building. i normally arrive later and park across the street. also looks like they are hosting a night drive-in june 21st.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
20170607_211328.jpg
New plate, fresh tank. Nice night for an Iowa drive.

Native

Established Member
Some Kum and Go's will carry 93. The one I go to in Ames carries 93.

I wonder if the 36th Street exit in Ankeny has it?

Which one in Ames carries it? I have to drive over there Saturday. I refuse to load in a 91 tune lol.

zeus201

Established Member
Which one in Ames carries it? I have to drive over there Saturday. I refuse to load in a 91 tune lol.

Time for liquid gold, E-85 :)

The one off of South Dayton Ave, across from Theisens. However, the exit off of 30 to get there is closed. Take the South Duff exit instead and then turn right on 16th street and drive back towards Kum & Go.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I might go to the one this weekend, June was a hell of a month. Had the big Mustang show, took a road trip out to Yellowstone, then had Goodguys this past weekend.

1wild-horse

Established Member
Dead in here. Big car show in Clear Lake tomorrow. Going to show despite my dislike of these participant choice shows. Clubs with big groups can just vote each other in and bst car in the category doesn't necessarily win.
What do you guys think of that, would you rather be in a judged show or this voting business?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Dead in here. Big car show in Clear Lake tomorrow. Going to show despite my dislike of these participant choice shows. Clubs with big groups can just vote each other in and bst car in the category doesn't necessarily win.
What do you guys think of that, would you rather be in a judged show or this voting business?

I like the voting idea, but clubs ruin it by voting for each other rather than the best car.

The MCCI show in Valley Junction is that way, too. About half of the classes were won by very pedestrian cars and NOT the best cars in their class, but the owners were in a club (or just had a lot of friends there). You can always tell when half the winners are standing together and cheer for each other when they win.

1wild-horse

Established Member
Yup. Exactly. The class last weekend was 94-present mustangs. The winner was an 07 GT 500 that had a lot of stuff going on. Which, ok, not everyone is a purest or likes to mod close to stock. But 2nd and 3rd were daily drivers, a 2010 GT and dont remember the other. There were 3 Terminators and a real nice Bullitt. Didn't make the list.

Users who are viewing this thread