Who's from Iowa?

zeus201

Established Member
I'm pretty sure I could do the 22nd. What were you thinking of doing?

I am hoping to get some more time to tinker with the car and maybe drive it. Drove it last night but the same issue came back.

Thinking the same thing we normally do. Meet up somewhere, cruise over to lunch spot, take some pics and call it a day. Pretty low key stuff haha.

Sad day for me. Insurance expired today, and I just put the car away instead of paying another month. Guaranteed to have some more nice days but oh well. At least it will keep the miles off.

Makes senses, prolly at least a weekend or 2 of good weather left.

I just crossed 25k miles on the Cobra, gives me a grand total of 4k added since I got it last year.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Hard not to want to drive them. Bought mine in 06 with 2k. Guy never drove it much. Just passed 37k last week taking it for one last cruise. About 3-4k a year is what mine sees.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I don't want to commit yet because of some crazy stuff happening at work, but as of right now I have no plans for that day.

03snkvert

Established Member
Thinking the same thing we normally do. Meet up somewhere, cruise over to lunch spot, take some pics and call it a day. Pretty low key stuff haha.

Makes senses, prolly at least a weekend or 2 of good weather left.

I just crossed 25k miles on the Cobra, gives me a grand total of 4k added since I got it last year.

Let me know what you are thinking, I will have to see if Jayde has any dance that day!

zeus201

Established Member
Thinking of meeting up before lunch somewhere in DSM or Ankeny, then cruise down and eat. Finish up with some pictures or BS'ing.

I am open to ideas for somewhere different to eat at. Also, open to cruising around ideas...always wish that Iowa had backroads with curves and etcs.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Took advantage of the weather today to wash it. Gonna give it a coat of spray sealant this weekend I think, then treat the fuel. Doubt it'll be back out again until spring.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
my cars never really get put away. If the roads look decent enough I drive it. I may take mine apart soon though. Want to do something to the engine bay because it looks boring. May get my tvs ported and powdercoated red or by a 2.9L whipple if they go on sale soon. Saw this picture and want to try to achieve a look close to it.

IMG_0877.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
Dang, I garaged mine a week before Halloween. Really want to drive it these past couple weeks. Oh well, keeps the miles down lol.

Last edited:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
christmas presents. Decided I didn't want to take my valve covers off. Worried about shipping a powdercoated supercharger so I'm just going to have stiegemeier polish it unless someone knows a local place.
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0062_4.jpg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Who's all going to Sturgis next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be going again if I have any vacation left. Snowmobiling trips and a baby coming in May are going to be hard on days this year!

yellow03cobra

Established Member
drove my car a few times this winter but it's down at the moment. Heat exchanger and driveshaft. Lethal told me whipple are going back on sale march 6 so I might be upgrading. Wife told me altoona approved a kum and go out by our house and they usually have e85 so I got my hopes up for making some good power.

IMG_00873201.jpg

zeus201

Established Member
drove my car a few times this winter but it's down at the moment. Heat exchanger and driveshaft. Lethal told me whipple are going back on sale march 6 so I might be upgrading. Wife told me altoona approved a kum and go out by our house and they usually have e85 so I got my hopes up for making some good power.

IMG_00873201.jpg
Oh snap...more power. Which sized Whipple are you looking at?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread