Who's done Dynamat or similar?

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
How much did you use?
Is doing every square inch advantageous? My OCD tells me to...
Should I get 50, 75 or 100 sq ft?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I did the entire floor of me L, and it helped. It really depends on the type of sound you're trying to deaden. You'd be surprised by what a difference a few strips on the door skins will make.

shurur

Established Member
I did my entire floor pan, trunk , tunnel, rear sides and inside firewall, and got rid of all the rat's wool. Works great imo.

And yes as said above..just a 6"x6" or larger patch on the outer door skin works great...then cover the inner door skin in place of the plastic....making cuts around the retractor bolts.

Just buy some, use it, then buy more.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
What is the purpose? Stereo? Road Noise? Rumor is 80% that I've been told, do 100 if you it makes you feel good.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I put one box worth (forget Sq ft) in the bottom/wheel wells of the trunk of my 01 with the intent of putting a sub box in there but I never got around to it. Really cut down on road/exhaust noise inside the car.

Stuff is surprisingly heavy

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s amazing how a small piece quiets things down a LOT. If you are looking for super quiet then 70-80%. If you ever plan on putting in a cage, leave those small contact spots alone. If you are looking to remove stereo rattle, 1-2 sq in on the back of the license plate is all it takes removes that rattle. If heat is the concern then get the stuff with the heavy foil backing and put in trans tunnel and where exhaust routes and use the less expensive stuff every where else

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks all, I'm wanting to quell mostly tire and road noise. Not too worried about weight, it ain't a race car. So it looks like I'll just go ahead and get the 100 sq ft. My rough calcs are just over that.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

A fella at the C&C had a '08 that had it done. Said he didn't know how much was used, as he had someone else do it. Tap anywhere, the roof, doors, rear fenders, it sounded real solid. He also had a 1000 watt stereo with a trunk full of amps, subs and upholstery. Not quite my bag but nice none the less.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Thanks all, I'm wanting to quell mostly tire and road noise. Not too worried about weight, it ain't a race car. So it looks like I'll just go ahead and get the 100 sq ft. My rough calcs are just over that.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

A fella at the C&C had a '08 that had it done. Said he didn't know how much was used, as he had someone else do it. Tap anywhere, the roof, doors, rear fenders, it sounded real solid. He also had a 1000 watt stereo with a trunk full of amps, subs and upholstery. Not quite my bag but nice none the less.
1000 watts? ;)

This is a set of Crescendo amps I have and the big one is 8000 watts and here is a set up Sundown amps I have and the big one is 4000 watts. 1000 used to be big...10 years ago. :)
Crescendo.jpg
255376929_499796600999015_8288886793926568550_n.jpg

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
You need 100% coverage for MLV and generally 2/3ds for CLD tiles. With either, use the largest continuos pieces possible and DO NOT use anything that comes rolled up, that reduces it's effectiveness.

enormous

Established Member
I used 80 sq feet of Damplifier Pro for the entire trunk, floors and hump to the firewall, both doors and under the quarter windows.

Users who are viewing this thread