Who would be interested in a Steeda K-Member?

mark23svt

Established Member
No plans for upgrading anything else unless I need to upgrade ball joints and maybe bump steer kit cuz my car is pretty low, can't even fit a jack under lol.

mark23svt

Established Member
It was between killer chiller or the steeda k memeber. I was waiting to see how the BMR piece would come around but might just pull the trigger on this one.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
No plans for upgrading anything else unless I need to upgrade ball joints and maybe bump steer kit cuz my car is pretty low, can't even fit a jack under lol.

I have both steeda x2 ball joints and bumpsteer and very happy. The k is also designed to accommodate those parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark23svt

Established Member
I have both steeda x2 ball joints and bumpsteer and very happy. The k is also designed to accommodate those parts.

K cool deal, then it looks like this is what I'm going to be ordering for them to be installed by summer.

D-MANN

Established Member
2ec6a0de0608ab3a62352faee6a75e6d.jpg

1c9a1aeae8e6633cb870b941076b1598.jpg

2edeae132e2245f78dac2008249aedc6.jpg

a52070c0288abc352187ec538b828b6e.jpg

keith89

Established Member
are the control arm mounting points forward offset like the Maximum motorsports? I assume maximum motorsports control arms are compatible with the steeda k-member?

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
are the control arm mounting points forward offset like the Maximum motorsports? I assume maximum motorsports control arms are compatible with the steeda k-member?

I thought mm sold regular offset control arms and then the other style that moves the wheels forward. I didn't think the k member had anything to do with forward offset. I thought it was just the model of control arms and the design of them. I may be wrong though!

keith89

Established Member
yeah 94slowbra1 is correct. the MM k-member offsets the arms. they sell offset arms for the stock k-member or other aftermarket k-members where the mounting points are not changed from stock. Now i'm just wondering where the steeda unit stands. I'm torn between the steeda and MM kmember.
steeda more expensive but doesnj't require oil filter relocation. MM is cheaper but requires the oil filter to be relocated and I would probably end up going with a full external oil cooler setup instead.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
yeah 94slowbra1 is correct. the MM k-member offsets the arms. they sell offset arms for the stock k-member or other aftermarket k-members where the mounting points are not changed from stock. Now i'm just wondering where the steeda unit stands. I'm torn between the steeda and MM kmember.
steeda more expensive but doesnj't require oil filter relocation. MM is cheaper but requires the oil filter to be relocated and I would probably end up going with a full external oil cooler setup instead.

Do you plan on keeping factory a arms or doing coilovers and tubular a arms?

keith89

Established Member
Do you plan on keeping factory a arms or doing coilovers and tubular a arms?

tubular arms. Already have front air struts. I want to extend the wheelbase but want to know if the steeda k-member moves the control arm pickup points forward like the maximum motorsports k-member. If not, I will get the MM forward offset control arms.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
anyone sitting on a steeda k-member that they changed their mind about? I'm looking to buy one now.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
anyone sitting on a steeda k-member that they changed their mind about? I'm looking to buy one now.

Haven’t seen a single one used except for a new one in Canada and he wanted full price. Probably gonna have to just buy one from steeda. I have think they’re built to order so I would plan accordingly! I might buy one on the next holiday sale.

Users who are viewing this thread