Who would be interested in a Steeda K-Member?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I emailed TJ at Steeda to ask him if they would consider doing another run of the recently discontinued S95 Steeda K-member. He said they could restart production of these if we can get 10 people that want one. Who is interested in picking one of these up?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
There are some people that want to keep there stock lower control arms and don't want to run coil overs or relocate there oil filter, and still would like to go with an after market k-member. Either to save a little weight or just have a little more room for headers, or maybe the extras clearance an after market k-member provides. Also from the research I have done the Steeda k-member seems like a solid piece and will still provide structure and rigidity to the chassis. I wouldn't say it provides the structure and rigidity that the factory k-member does but I think it's the next best thing for a car that spends most of it's time on the streets. MM makes great products and if you want to go all out with your suspention and run coils overs, tubular control arms and relocate your oil filter MM is a great choice. I think the Steeda k-member just gives pepole another option.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure. TJ from Steeda said he would have to figure out what it will cost. I will try to find out or see if he would chime in.

Woody6799

Established Member
I would be interested depending on price. Also, is the Steeda strong enough to be used as a jacking point like the factory k?

tj@steeda

Established Member
Hello All:

To help answer a few of the questions ...

The price of the K-Member will be $899.95.
We would need 10 members confirmed before we could restart production to bring this unit back to market.
The unit can be used as a jacking point.

Let me know if I can help assist with anything further.

Best Regards,

TJ

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I've had this K-member in my '03 for about a year and a half and love it. To say it is built like a tank is an understatement, and the fit is 100% perfect. I was fortunate to score mine for about $700, but even with the price increase, it is well worth it. There is no increase in ride harshness, and as you drop weight off the front, the improvement in handling is noticeable.

The only other one I would have considered would have been MM's, but when you factor in the coil-over kit, a-arms, oil filter relocation, etc., it puts you close to $1,700 if not more. I really hope there will be enough interest that Steeda will bring it back - it really is that good. Everything about it is in the link I posted above.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Not interested in this but I did want to say I think it's great that a vendor is willing to do another production run of a discontinued product. In addition, I've never read a bad thing about this K-Member. For you guys who want some weight saving but don't want to mess with relocating your oil filter - jump on this!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I am going to bump this thread because it seems like as of lately a lot of people would like to have a K-member that allows the use of the factory control arms and not have to relocate the oil filter. I might even post this in the terminator talk section as it gets more traffic. TJ if you are still watching this thread is there any way we could maybe get a group buy going to make this a little more enticing. Maybe we all could get in on this when Steeda is offering the 10% discount.

BMR Tech

This is one of the best K-Members ever produced for the "79-04" Mustangs.

The price tag is actually not bad when you consider the engineering, features and quality of this piece.

It is a shame that they discontinued it. I have been considering designing up and offering more 79-04 parts, including a front K-Member....but if the majority want a super light weight and super cheap $300 K-Member like 95% of the ones available - I'll have to pass. :(

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
This is one of the best K-Members ever produced for the "79-04" Mustangs.

The price tag is actually not bad when you consider the engineering, features and quality of this piece.

I have been saying that for years, which is why I bought it. Some of those "cheap" K's look like toothpicks, so you get what you pay for.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I have no interest in any of the other after market k-members out there. Some of them look really cheap. I was getting ready to purchase the Steeda one when they discontinued it. If I can't get one I will stick with the stock K-member. I was alright with the price of the Steeda K.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I belive in the saying , "You get what you pay for".
I just can't afford it at that price.
I can do about 500.00 and shipping.

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
I auto-x the crap out of mine, if not Steeda, I would have gone MM... it is tough and solid piece... and I don't work for Steeda... paid full price for mine and would do it again...

r/
Andy

Users who are viewing this thread