Who remembers FFW

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Found this old plate frame and put it in the 86. Used to go every year when I lived in Dallas, Katy (Baytown), and the nola metro area(no problem raceway).

Image1626375410.472353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Yup, took my 360R to the one in Ennis (Dallas) in 2005. Had a good time. Massive event. Can't remember why exactly attendance fizzled and they stopped doing it though.

TheManInBlack

Shelby Operator
Established Member
**** yeah, wrnt to FFW every year at NED for many years, often had my car in the car show.
I used to renew my MM&FF subscription there every year, and always got a free shirt.

So much has changed since then.

I know we live in world that’s wrapped around their phone or tablet but I do miss having magazine subscriptions..something to thumb through. There’s very few actual magazines still in print.. the internet has its advantages… but I do miss that aspect of it..

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I know we live in world that’s wrapped around their phone or tablet but I do miss having magazine subscriptions..something to thumb through. There’s very few actual magazines still in print.. the internet has its advantages… but I do miss that aspect of it..
Fwiw, you can get all sorts of mag subscriptions through Amazon for cheap. Most are $5-10 for a year. Just got my new Car and Driver
(Crappy MachE named EV of the year)

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
That would probably be the equivalent of these for us guys in the Mid Atlantic region. I had these from many years of showing at the nationals and used to chuck them in the trash after getting a new one the next year. Guys are now paying big bucks now for them...
8B73D81B-CC17-4575-B095-6F614C4CA61D.jpeg

Last edited:

99BOSS

Established Member
I remember going to the World Ford Challenges that started in the late 90s and went into the early 2000s. They started at Bowling Green then moved to St. Louis Gateway Motorsports park. Those were huge! They would draw 30K people easy. Good times, I miss those all Ford events.

einehund

Established Member
Not sure if the same thing, but it was advertised as Fun Ford Weekend. Picked this up a couple of years ago for making it to a certain knockout round in bracket racing.
20210715_185307.jpg
20210715_185322.jpg

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I went to a few at Norwalk. They were absolutely the best race events. Huge turn out every year. NMRA events are good but they don't have the turnout like FFW did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fangin2u

Established Member
The last one I went to was in 2018 at VMP. Not much to it. Started going in 2004, really nice. Then started going down hill fast. The original FFW people were great.

Users who are viewing this thread