Who rebuilt a T56 the best

pipejob1

Established Member
There is pro-motion. D&D. Hanlon Motorsports is only 1 hr away from. My Trans does not need it. I just like to here who you guys used for future.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Tick Performance, they even have free shipping to and from them. They are located in North Carolina.

RKT performance is located in Maryland and I have always heard positive things about them.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I sent mine to Liberty Transmission in Michigan. Their price was a little better then D&D and it has held up fine to almost 750 RWHP.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
All names mentioned are very good. I used rpm transmissions in indiana. They are who lethal uses. Made sense for me as I drove over there.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
smart move bringing it to hanlon motorsports op - they are a tremec dealer. just tell them to upgrade it with parts from d&d such as the billet shift keys and retainer tube. 26 spline would be a good thing to do at that time too. our t-56s don't need a whole lot of upgrades

Blueline

Established Member
There is pro-motion. D&D. Hanlon Motorsports is only 1 hr away from. My Trans does not need it. I just like to here who you guys used for future.

You are in NJ go see mike at drivetrain dynamics. Mike is sure anal and does really nice work with our transmissions, lots of upgrades. He builds the tranzillas in ny too. He has his own shop in nj and also goes there to work with them.

pipejob1

Established Member
Yes all good information my Trans is good but looking for future good to see there are some local shops saves on shipping

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
How much are you expecting to have into a built T-56? I ask because it may be better to sell off your T-56 and put it into a Magnum.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
How much are you expecting to have into a built T-56? I ask because it may be better to sell off your T-56 and put it into a Magnum.

You can normally get a pretty stout rebuild in the neighborhood of 1400-1600. Keep in mind when people are looking to have their trannies rebuilt its because they are broke. Most of us dont think about upgrading to a Magnum until our trans is broke and who whats to buy a broke trans, lol.

You should go with a T56 Magnum of course.

I also considered Bob Hanlon, but with the Magnum available it just wasn't worth it.

Hanlon has a stellar reputation. The man is a genius.

But why settle for 2nd best?

Btw, Hanlon is badass. SUPER HONEST guy. Wonderful guy to deal with.

Not surprised he is so respected in Mustang circles.

That's an honest business man. Doesn't run for the first sign of the buck. Super. high character business man and man. :)

Last edited:

pipejob1

Established Member
Do you know if at drivetrain Dynamic transmission if you can bring the whole car in

Blueline

Established Member
Do you know if at drivetrain Dynamic transmission if you can bring the whole car in

Shoot mike a call. Depending how busy he is he can or can't take the car. Sometimes if the shop is crowded he will have you drop off just the trans.

Geno-04

Established Member
If your swapping transmissions I would say rpm transmissions. I've had a few t-56's and the one from them was by far the best one I ever had, always shifted super smooth and probably took the most abuse.

pipejob1

Established Member
Spoke to mike today the man sounds like he definitely knows theses Trans pretty good. He even fabricates some of his own trick parts.

Blueline

Established Member
Spoke to mike today the man sounds like he definitely knows theses Trans pretty good. He even fabricates some of his own trick parts.

Told Ya! Let me know if you end up dropping it off to him. I have met some pretty cool guys in this hobby who def. know their stuff and I he is def. one of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread