Who Posted the detailed personal review on Twin-Screw Cobra VERSES TT Cobra ?

TEABG

Banned
Saw a post about three months ago where a highly respected member posted his thoughts on the Twin-Screw VERSES his current Twin-Turbo Cobra. Poster thoughts included he was not satisfied with the loss of TQ on the street and he missed his Twin-Screw for day-day operation.

"I USED THE SEARCH BUTTON & NO DICE"...

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

you are talking about Hermann and he had the hellion.

And it isn't a fair comparision because his auto/tq converter setup was not right for a turbo application. So the review was somewhat biased towards a twin screw.

I recommend calling Jon Lund and talking to him. His auto setup is for a turbo. You can talk to Buster(Mark Larsen) as well, but he is hard to get a hold of on the boards.

Hermann did state that for ultimate power the turbo is the way to go. however, if his auto setup was setup correctly for the turbo app, I am sure his feeling would have been different. He will admit that as well about the auto setup.

I just don't want people making decisions based solely on that comparison and a lot of people have.

boost12

Established Member
How was his trans not setup for a turbo ? I would think with a high enoufgh stall and a transbrake any C4 would work just fine on a turbo setup. Just sit on the break until you build some boost and let her rip.... ?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
His thread almost made me change my mind! I trusted trbovnm and now i have a turbo set up.

TEABG

Banned
boost12 said:
How was his trans not setup for a turbo ? I would think with a high enoufgh stall and a transbrake any C4 would work just fine on a turbo setup. Just sit on the break until you build some boost and let her rip.... ?

Another well know member sold his TT Cobra not long after it was built. POSTBAN...

Way2Slow

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
you are talking about Hermann and he had the hellion.

And it isn't a fair comparision because his auto/tq converter setup was not right for a turbo application. So the review was somewhat biased towards a twin screw.

Even with his converter problems he still picked up 8 or 9 mph over the KB.

TRBO VNM

TEABG said:
Another well know member sold his TT Cobra not long after it was built. POSTBAN...

huh? sorry man, again, make sure you really know what happened. what he did is sold the twin kit because of fitment problems. Bought the hellion kit, installed it, enjoyed it for a little while and sold it. Dave explained in so many words that cars are just a thing. they come and go and he accomplished what he wanted to and that was it. His real passion is guns.

so I suggest more research before any decisions are made either way. Make sure you understand the story before jumping to conclusions, which when posted then cause other members to make decisions based on mis-information and then they can't make an informed decision.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
TRBO VNM said:
huh? sorry man, again, make sure you really know what happened. what he did is sold the twin kit because of fitment problems. Bought the hellion kit, installed it, enjoyed it for a little while and sold it. Dave explained in so many words that cars are just a thing. they come and go and he accomplished what he wanted to and that was it. His real passion is guns.

so I suggest more research before any decisions are made either way. Make sure you understand the story before jumping to conclusions, which when posted then cause other members to make decisions based on mis-information and then they can't make an informed decision.

in laymen terms so there is no confusion, another TT Cobra has been sold within a short period of being built. What is the confusion??

TRBO VNM

TEABG said:
in laymen terms so there is no confusion, another TT Cobra has been sold within a short period of being built. What is the confusion??

I know the first TT THP car was sold. I forget his username. But not postban. the confusion is you stated that and ended it with Postban. He never had a TT cobra. he tried, but it didn't work out.

but really, what does it matter if someone builds a car and sells it? I think what you were originally trying to find out is who switched back to a twin screw and probably why. I was just pointing out that the comparision made by hermann wasn't a fair comparison. So you(if you were thinking of a turbo) or others thinking of going turbo shouldn't take that thread as gospel.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
boost12 said:

First of all Hermann had a 4r70w (which in my opinion is the only choice for a street driven auto set-up)

second of all turbos require a different pump and stator set-up in the converter than a N/A or SC car, to apply more load to the engine while stalling to spool the turbos better/quicker!

N/A and SC cars want rpm when they stall!

Turbo cars want load on the engine when they stall! At the same time though staying with a higher stall and the right pump/stator combo for a turbo will net you more load on the engine for spooling! If your not running a lock-up converter though (Hermann was) you need to be careful how high a stall you go, because to high and the converter will never couple enough to be efficient (which is what people mean when they say their blowing thru the converter). With a lock-up converter, you can retain a high stall, and manually lock the converter to retain 100% coupling and the most efficiency!

Hermann was going to switch converters, but decided on the new KB instead!

Ken:beer:

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
TEABG said:

The confusion is Postban's car was a single turbo Hellion Cobra when he sold it....not a TT Cobra!

Turbo94Cobra

Banned
***"Another well know member sold his TT Cobra not long after it was built. POSTBAN..."***

Hermann is now selling his car after he went back with a new KB...does that mean you shouldn't run a KB? There are many KB cobras that people sell, that doesn't mean they don't work, guy!

Dont judge how well a setup works by if he is selling it or not.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Turbo94Cobra said:
***"Another well know member sold his TT Cobra not long after it was built. POSTBAN..."***

Hermann is now selling his car after he went back with a new KB...does that mean you shouldn't run a KB? There are many KB cobras that people sell, that doesn't mean they don't work, guy!

Dont judge how well a setup works by if he is selling it or not.

+1

Turbo94Cobra

Banned
TEABG said:
Point is TT Cobra's are headaches

No TT cobras are not headaches. They are headaches when not installed correctly or the person running the kit does not have much experience with doing a TT kit.

There is no logic in saying a TT cobra is a pain. Check out turbomustangs.com and you will find many many man twin turbo cars running just fine. Some people just don't have the experience to deal with them sometimes. No one said that making a car capable of putting out whatever power you want could be done over night. It takes work and you will obviously encounter some problems, but you're saying a TT cobra just won't work is completely false.

TEABG-what actual knowledge do you have on turbocharging a mustang? 1st hand experience? or just from what you have read on these forums?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

TEABG said:
Point is TT Cobra's are headaches

why don't you ask the question you are trying to get answered? What I mean is, what was/is your point in posting and finding that thread? What info are you looking to get out of it? your post was pretty vague and instead of all of us bickering back and forth, why not ask what you are trying to find out and see if we can help you.

03SBSVT

Banned
This is kind of like those whipple VS. KB debates :dw: somebody once and for all who went from a KB -> TT or Hellion and still has a 6 speed needs to post up. I've seen differences, like a KB cobra with C16 making 640rwhp on 21psi getting his ass kicked by a 15psi HPP TT 67mm cobra on 15psi 93 octane.....

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
03SBSVT said:
This is kind of like those whipple VS. KB debates :dw: somebody once and for all who went from a KB -> TT or Hellion and still has a 6 speed needs to post up. I've seen differences, like a KB cobra with C16 making 640rwhp on 21psi getting his ass kicked by a 15psi HPP TT 67mm cobra on 15psi 93 octane.....
dont you worry sweet cheeks i will post up after my first pull with my car. I was kidding when i called you sweet cheeks also. lol

Turbo94Cobra

Banned
The turbo cobra will most definately walk all over the KB or Whipple Cobra....just about all of us realize that....the thing people keep arguing is that turbo cobras don't run right and are only problems

And no one arguing that turbos are nothing but problems has any real experience with one to rightfully say so

Users who are viewing this thread