Who makes the best windshield wiper?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I seem to have decent luck with the Michelins from Walmart. They are only like $6 each there.

Even if I had to replace them once a year it doesn't feel like I'm being raked over the coals with $20/each Bosch blades.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I've never changed the OEM blades on my 2016 ST. Over 4 years old and they still clean well somehow. I'll replace them with OEM when the time comes. I replace the inserts on my wifes civic with OEM because my cost is only around $9 to do both sides, but they only last 6 months-1 year.

I love seeing the people at a stop light with wipers WFO in a drizzle, their wipers can't last long

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I love seeing the people at a stop light with wipers WFO in a drizzle, their wipers can't last long

I'm right there with ya. I'll be at a lower intermittent setting and other clowns have theirs at full tilt. What the hell do they do when it actually rains? Drama queens...

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I had Rain-X on my last truck and they were awesome. I put them on my current truck right after I got it, and they were the worst blade I've ever had. No idea what the difference was. I scored a killer deal shortly after that on some Michelin "High Performance" blades, and they've been really good for me for the 6 months or so I've had them on.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I have never driven in the rain! Stated for future sales add! Lol

My OEM are still on my GT500 since 2011. They have never seen rain or winter weather...just hand car washes. Ill replace them with OEM at some point.

My Explorer is my daily driver and has silicone Rain X blades....right at two years. No streaks at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blown38

Established Member
I've had bosch Icons on my truck for 4 years, still good. I rarely wash the truck. Tried rain x didn't last long on a different vehicle.

Sounds like its hit or miss with any of them.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Funny, my 03 is almost 18 years old. Still has the OEM blades.

The truth comes out those never seen rain cars with OEM blades. Im at 9 years and your at 18 assuming yiur 03 is not a daily driver.(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

BTW, my '99 cobra had the OEM battery last for 9 years.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The truth comes out those never seen rain cars with OEM blades. Im at 9 years and your at 18 assuming yiur 03 is not a daily driver.(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

BTW, my '99 cobra had the OEM battery last for 9 years.

Yeah, it's a garage queen with 20K on the clock.

cosmic charlie

Established Member
On my daily, I use the RainX window treatment. At highway speeds, day or night, and even on 45mph surface streets, the water beads right up, you don't even need to turn them on! Stop and go, or low speed driving, at most I only need to use the "intermittent" setting. I also apply it to the wiper blades. When the application is fresh, it lasts about a month. Also, use their brand of washer fluid too.

If you like Rain X you should try Aquapel. Like Rain X but it lasts a lot longer.

Aquapel-glass-treatment-sm.jpg

What is Aquapel - Aquapel Glass Treatment

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you've never tried silicone blades, you should. IMO silicone is superior to rubber. Well, thankfully wiper blades aren't that expensive, so replacing them annually isn't a big deal, dollar wise.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I had the stockers on my f150 for almost 4 years. First 3.5 never parked inside. Hot summer, ice in the winter. Paid up for them 1.5 years ago again and they’re still going strong

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I usually get the Rain-X blades.

Reminds me of the early Terminator days on Stangnet. User by the name of Kilgore Trout had an anniversary model Terminator and listed Bosch Icon wiper blades as one of his mods. :D

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread