Who knows about Hummers?

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Well if things go well I will be flying to NY to pick up this Hummer. However, the guy is not sure if the AC works or not. I'm leaning towards the it doesn't work side. He sent me some more pictures, and the picture of the AC controls shows that it had it at some time, but the switch for the temp control is no longer there. I assume that without being able to use it...the previous did not care about the switch. So, who knows where I can get info on parts, or somewhere where I can ask people about the system. This in a 1992 with the old 6.2L non-turbo Diesel. I will replace the motor later when I can get more money. I found a place where I can get 6.5L Turbo Diesels for $4500, but that wont be for a while. Anyway, I searched for a good hummer forum, and they all have so few members, or they are all H2 guys, or they all have to much money, and don't have to worry about these kinds of problems. So if anyone can help let me know, Venix.

Its a little beat up, but its 13 years old. I think if the AC can be fixed or replaced super cheap it is still worth the $$.

If anyone lives in NY near howard beach shoot me a PM.

170lu.jpg

Last edited:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Looks like a perfect candidate for a Cummins 5.9L swap :-D

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
jdk said:
Looks like a perfect candidate for a Cummins 5.9L swap :-D
if it has to do with dodge in any way shape or form....its not getitng near anything i own!!!

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
vicmaster said:
oh thank god you got a real man's hummer. a nice, bare-ass rough ride h1, not a pussy h2. anyway, this is basically all i could find. http://www.usedpartslive.com/locator/AM_GENERAL/HUMMER_H1/HVAC/
at least if you click hummer h1, they have a pretty good list of stuff to choose from. hope this helps you.
i signed up and got like 50 emails....lol, maybe they have some good info for me. I still dont know for sure with the truck, but if i have to buy this many parts, then ill just get a new ford. However, if it has all the parts, but they just arnt all working...then i could go from there. Thanks for the help buddy.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
portcity_gt said:
if it was built up north, it may not have came with a/c...thats common up there
they are all built in Indiana, but im pretty sure it came with an AC. It just might not have any of the parts to it anymore....which would make it worthless to me.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
nxstang said:
Thats going to be fun to drive a real hummer!
Maybe for the first hours.....but i should hate it by the time i get it home. Its doesnt matter....its for work.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
dang thats a nice ride to have, dont those go for 100k brand new?
even if its used and "old" i know they still go for alot, probably the same price as a used Viper GTS.

i wish i would help you, my uncle bought 1 from the Military, and built it into a civilian vehicle, i think he spent more money than just purchasing one. but then again this was in another country. it was like a 5 year project. ahahaha

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
that's awesome you are gettin a hummer
but you better have lots of money for ga$

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
team23jordan said:
that's awesome you are gettin a hummer
but you better have lots of money for ga$
are you joking? biodiesel is $1.50. Ill take the hummer anyday.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
..lucky sob, i got a ticket in HP..man you guys have a nice court system..so clean
lucky? its a work truck....by the time im done ill have to set it on fire.

69DodgeCharger

Established Member
Venix said:
if it has to do with dodge in any way shape or form....its not getitng near anything i own!!!

cummins arent made by dodge, cummins are kick ass engines and would be great to have in there, soo much torque!

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
69DodgeCharger said:
cummins arent made by dodge, cummins are kick ass engines and would be great to have in there, soo much torque!
but they put them in dodges :xpl: ....that's all I care about. Guilty by association. I'm very very biased when it comes to what I will buy. Even if its out performed what I wanted in every way and was cheaper I would still not get it. I'm Ford by heart, and I like 2 or 3 GM's....when it comes to Chrysler....I don't want anything to do with them. However, ill buy a Benz, dodge cant mess those up yet.

No offence to you....I just hate everything that has to do with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread