Who is running drag radials

BOD89LX

Established Member
Just wondering who here is running 19" or 20" drag radials on there cars?? If you are is your car swaying all over starting in 3rd gear and real bad in 4th under WOT? I just put a set of 19" MT's on mine and it sways real bad I have only tried it at 35 psi so far I had this same set up on my 2012 last year and the car was rock solid. Not sure why its so bad on the 2013 if the advance trac is causing the problem I tried it with it off once and it seemed a little better but was still doing it. This thng moves around worse then my low 8 second foxbody on slicks at 11psi so not sure if something is up with my suspension or what. Let me know how you car feels if you are running them.

BossAnaki

Established Member
Hmm, check your panhard rod. I've seen pics of factory ones that have bent. As far as me and DR's, I was going to wait till next spring. I'm going to have the rears widened over the winter. At that time I'll buy a set to fit the wider size.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I'll have my MT ET Street II's on this week. I'll let you know if I have the same
Issue.

BOD89LX

Established Member
So I lowered the pressure to 20psi and went and tested this morning and its 100% better so I guess they just dont like 35 psi for high speed driving.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
How are they hooking? Are you keeping them on for street driving and strip?

Do they hook on the street noticeably better than the stock tires?

I think I'm going to try the Nitto NT05R. Maybe they'll last longer than the MT's?:shrug:

dustin88lx

Established Member
I had the same exact issue with 35lbs I couldn't get 130mph without feeling like I was towing a badly balanced trailer wanting to fishtail....They do get a little better when they wear down, because of how the tire is shaped right now it is a little worse but after some burnouts at the track and dropping the pressure to 32lbs they were incredibly better on the street....

As far as the tires go the difference for me is with the upgrades I have right now the factory tires...I wont even here the SC in 1st gear because the car cuts power so bad in second gear it comes in decent and 3rd it is sceaming..

With those ET street II's it would scream through every gear just due to the ammount of grip they were providing allowing the engine to use most of its power...

On the drag strip I ran 16lb and I would still spin somewhat coming off the line but I still managed a 1.63 60ft time with them. That was dropping the clutch at 3500 with all the assists OFF...

As far as longevity these tires wont last long at all....I prolly made about 15 passes on them and about a week and a half of street driving and im already cutting the wear blocks down...they will be a true slick before long :)

I had to pull mine off because down here in florida where we get rain almost every day driving back from work running 70mph and road was just wet I picked up the throttle a touch to pass a car and my ass end almost passed me up.....not fun.....and if there is any standing water on the road forget about it its a death trap stay inside and wait it out....believe me I know...from experience

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
I had the same exact issue with 35lbs I couldn't get 130mph without feeling like I was towing a badly balanced trailer wanting to fishtail....They do get a little better when they were down, because of how the tire is shaped right now it is a little worse but after some burnouts at the track and dropping the pressure to 32lbs they were incredibly better on the street....

As far as the tires go the difference for me is with the upgrades I have right now the factory tires...I wont even here the SC in 1st gear because the car cuts power so bad in second gear it comes in decent and 3rd it is sceaming..

With those ET street II's it would scream through every gear just due to the ammount of grip they were providing allowing the engine to use most of its power...

On the drag strip I ran 16lb and I would still spin somewhat coming off the line but I still managed a 1.63 60ft time with them. That was dropping the clutch at 3500 with all the assists OFF...

As far as longevity these tires wont last long at all....I prolly made about 15 passes on them and about a week and a half of street driving and im already cutting the wear blocks down...they will be a true slick before long :)

I had to pull mine off because down here in florida where we get rain almost every day driving back from work running 70mph and road was just wet I picked up the throttle a touch to pass a car and my ass end almost passed me up.....not fun.....and if there is any standing water on the road forget about it its a death trap stay inside and wait it out....believe me I know...from experience

Glad to hear I am not losing my mind and forgot how to drive....

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Do they hook on the street noticeably better than the stock tires?

I think I'm going to try the Nitto NT05R. Maybe they'll last longer than the MT's?:shrug:

They hook 100% better then the street tires in 1st gear still cant get them to dead hook on the street unless the LC is used but the best I could do with the LC on the street tires on the street(closed course) was 12.1 and with the MT's my best is a 11.6, I also had a set of the NT05R's in a 315/35-20 on 10.75" wheels and they work goos as well bet were a little too tall and made the gearing even taller. I plan to use them a little on the street and use they for the track as well.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I got 305/20s nitto nt555rs on my '11 with 550rwhp and they hook dead on from second, still spin a little in first but way better than stock shit'years. I do have lcas and relo brackets which do make a huge difference

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread