• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Who is gonna quit first...Biden or Warren?

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Double"O", Feb 11, 2020.

1. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Truth.

Can cutback in a lot of areas, including defense, and at least get something going for healthcare.

2. GodStang

GodStang Well-Known Member Established Member

I am guessing you have never worked in the Government industry. 99% of the people are the one's that could not cut it in the private industry and can't be fired because of government protection. You want these people running your medical items? Who cares if they are cheaper they are not as good. The amount of money wasted by the government for stupid shit is unreal.

Even though comcast sucks now a days there are many many other options now that we have streaming. Once Starlink gets full force Comcast will die off if they don't change. If government run health care ends up sucking... you are stuck with it.

me32 likes this.
  3. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Back to topic at hand. Just heard this quote on Biden: "he has been running for president since most of us were born and has never won a primary. In fact he has never finished higher than 4th. He has only had one competitive contest in his political career and that was his senate run in the early 70s."

No one really supports Biden but think that he is electable. The minute that does not seem the case the bottom falls out. Which we have already seen from polls asking second choice and also his poor fundraising. He is a dead man walking.

4. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I’d be curious to see where these figures are generated.

How are the estimated 20 million illegal immigrants here accounted for? They rarely have insurance.

Last I checked we were also the fattest nation in the world which lends itself to constant health problems. So does that play into the under utilization? You have a certain group that just eats up healthcare costs?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus likes this.
  5. MG0h3

You’re math is wrong.

You deduct the 23k and the 8k IF you spent it.

Plus you have like 18k off for a 3 person family.

You’re adj gross income is already down around 50k.

If you’re going to make these arguments, at least have half a clue what you’re talking about.

Typical lib math. Good job.

black4vcobra, 03Sssnake, Klay and 2 others like this.
  6. Black Gold 380R

Black Gold 380R Multiple SVT Collector Established Member

Yep, cue it up. Twisted, you're a typical [email protected]$$. All you want to do is focus on words and not the meaning or intent of the post.

I clearly stated my daughter did not receive a handout. I served my country, in a combat zone I might add, and received that entitlement due to said service. I already had my degree so I passed that entitlement on to my daughter. So, just like a parent who pays for their child's education, so did I, by serving my country. Can you say that? You probably have no idea what it means to make a sacrifice for the greater good of the country.

You're damn right I praise that internship. Do you know how many people get accepted to a NASA internship? She is working hard and not just partying on the fact it was my entitlement that got her on a path to a higher education. Also, the money she is making is being used to pay for her rent and utilities, etc. So, in the end you're right about it paying peanuts because when it's all said and done she is getting experience and making connections rather than money.

I never complained about my "current" taxes being used to "help" students get a degree. I clearly stated there was nothing wrong with the government or private sector "helping" educate our young Americans. I'm complaining about these current Dems claiming everyone's tuition will be free. Where the hell do you think all that money is going to come from? Higher taxes in the future. And I highlight the word helping, because there is nothing wrong with helping someone. However, these individuals going to school for a higher education need a stake in the game, not a handout.

Half these kids who get to go to college (mainly on mommy and daddy's money) tend to waste their time. They choose to party and screw off. However, those who have to WORK for it tend to focus on their studies and make the most of the opportunity provided to them. And I know because I seen it first hand when I recruited for the Army and spent time talking to and watching the students on the college campus. And that was the main point of my post. You want something WORK for it...….

So, you can take your "Twisted" view of my post and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 11:05 AM
    03Sssnake, Klay and Tob like this.
  7. MG0h3

Def going to be interesting to see who comes out on top.

But I agree, there is a very small population who really want what Bernie is selling. I think the Indian, pedophile, booty and Klobuchar are just splitting all the semi normal voters up.

03Sssnake and Klaus like this.
  8. HEMIHUNTER

HEMIHUNTER Well-Known Member Established Member

Warren,her schtick has been old for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

9. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Amazing how fast Warren tanked after her healthcare budget came out.

10. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

Yep. Waiting for the convention. Should be fun.

11. Klaus

Luckily there is a ton of data on this. Go to the foot notes section of the wiki article on the subject.
    List of countries by total health expenditure per capita - Wikipedia

The math is actually pretty simple: GDP/health expenditure. What this measures is the % of total economic activity per year spent on HC.

I have not seen any data on implications of immigrants, illegal or otherwise. But thinking out loud I suspect they are net neutral to the formula above. Illegals do contribute to GDP albeit at lower rate than general population. But they also utilize health care at a lower rate than average as well.

Fun fact: Mexico is actually fatter than the US.

To point of HC utilization, the biggest determinate by far is age. Older use way more healthcare. The US rate is much lower than the rest of the developed world because we are younger. 15% of the US pop is >65 vs. 18% in the UK and 25% in Japan.

If you look at why we pay so much more it has to do with the cost of administration of HC, not HC itself. The US has a fake private market in which Medicare dictates pricing to private insurers of which contract with your employer. Also private insurers contract with pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) which are effectively another insurer. There are many other entities as well but each one of these is a layer of bureaucracy which extracts a rent from the consumer. United Health Group alone makes $12B a year in profit. Perhaps they are making the system more efficient but regardless this funds the administration of health care not health care itself.

Trust me, I am a hard corp free market guy. I am an actual capitalist and invest hundreds of millions of dollars a year in my day job. There is an argument that single payer is actually the most efficient means to deliver health care as it is actually the least bureaucratic.

If you are interested in a very good read on the topic I highly recommend this:

12. 7998

7998 Well-Known Member Established Member

Wrong! But you're hopeless. I could show you a red crayon and you'd swear it's blue and then probably try to eat it.

The UK's tax rate is 40% for households for households $65k USD and up. Compared to 22%. So at least 18% of your income goes to the broken NHS. Again, No thanks.

gimmie11s and 03Sssnake like this.
  13. MG0h3

Well I checked the stats and it showed on average each American spent @11k in 2018 if you averaged it out.

I paid about 5500 in premiums. Only treatment was a physical.

If we get the the EU equivalent and pay 40% (where I would fall) my payments would increase significantly.

Personally I think if you make bad choices you either pay more or suffer. Or ****ing die for all I care. Why should I have to give my family less to support some fatass, smoker, drunk driver.

Deceptive, 03Sssnake and Klaus like this.
  14. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

"Because that's the cost of living in a civilized society and helping your fellow man you bigot"

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3, PhoenixM3 and 03Sssnake like this.
  15. Klaus

I wish there were more of these guys since they pay into social security but are dead before they enjoy the benefits.

MG0h3, PhoenixM3 and 03Sssnake like this.
  16. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

MG0h3 and BOOGIE MAN like this.
  17. Gravik

Gravik Well-Known Member Established Member

Lol f5d001bed859215f4e55e2af094cc0b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

me32, black4vcobra, 03Sssnake and 5 others like this.
  18. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

I want everyone in the race today to make it to the convention.
    I want the convention to last for 10 days to 2 weeks.
    I want the voting public to see how really F...k'd up the Dims are.
    I want " THEIR " convention to be the chief reason why Trump gets re-elected !
    GO DIMS..

19. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

4459123_1697812645261869056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=C0DAh1o65y8AX_5xX0g&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

me32 and BOOGIE MAN like this.
  20. Klaus