Who is from indiana?Lets get some cars together

daseler

Established Member
I am from Fort Wayne. Looking forward to it warming up. Any fort wayne people get together at halls on sat in the spring/summer? I have yet to take my car up there. Anyway, I got a black cobra with black FR500s if anybody sees me around give a shout. Oh yeah I would check out pinks as well

Last edited:

wy3134

Established Member
haha too bad ive already pulled the irs... boy was that 3 1/2 hours of fun getting it out of the car and most of it disassembled. im glad ill never be dealing with the irs again in the car, thats for sure!

wy3134

Established Member
when i called moser they said they dont mess with 8.8s anymore, i was gonna call currie enterprises and see if they could build an 8.8 i agree the 9 probably isnt worth the weight, so ill look into other options first but its not looking good on getting a good built 8.8 for much less then the 9" unfortunately (my problem is if im gonna do it, ill go 100% when it may not be exactly needed)

No problem. You can also have moser build you a 8.8. Just have 33-spline(or 35-spline) gun drilled axles, 9" bearing ends, diff/spool, gears, bearings, seals, girdle cover, and brake brackets put on housing that you supply and weld the tubes. They may even have housings. I think I saw a housing on DFWstangs.net for like $150. I know the 9's pretty much bullet proof but may not be worth the extra weight. The money you save can be spent on nice control arms and coilover set-up. Good luck! Let me know if you need an extra hand with experience pulling the IRSs and installing solids.

LT

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Hey all I'm about 95% gonna be a proud SVT owner in about 2-3 weeks and finally get rid of my slow-a$$ gt. Can't wait till the inches of snow and salt go away so we can ride out. I'm positively down for going to Indy or wherever to cruise and rip it up. Post up schedules too for shows!! Can't wait to sport some actual power here in the Fort!

wy3134

Established Member
I think I remember your crew from columbus... I think u guys came up to indy to hang out with a certain club... which I Happily have no association with anymore

Solopony

Established Member
Thanks for looking out. I think im gonna end up buying a 9" from moser and just parting out the IRS, since building an 8.8 was gonna be about the same as just buying the built 9 from moser, and they set everything up, all you have to do is bolt it on to the control arms and install the brakes, and if I remember right the guy said they will even install the brakes for you if you ship them to em or something. im still a couple months out from doing anything though, need to save the $$ up :)

You get your SRA swap done yet Larry?

I'd be willing to do a trade if you're interested. Also I'd be down if we setup a particular cruise date. I can tell you I'll be in Indy for the 500, not sure I'm going to be cruising around.

wy3134

Established Member
hopefully the weather starts getting nice enough by the first of april to be out cruising instead of dealing with this bitter cold crap and just relegated to meets at food/bar places

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Pinks All Out tickets go on sale February 17th at 7:00pm for the Indy show May 29-30th.

Good luck to all who are going to enter!
I know I'm going to!

Ken:beer:

wy3134

Established Member
Pinks All Out tickets go on sale February 17th at 7:00pm for the Indy show May 29-30th.

I know I'm going to!

Same here... should be interesting to see if the server goes down when 7pm hits since there will be 1000s of hits immmediately

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member

I know I'm going to!

My buddy and I were talking about this as well. Maybe if I still have my car by then, I will race it, otherwise, I will just go to check it out cause that's just awesome! Car is in Lafayette, IN (the yellow twin turbo cobra for those of you in the area, most know about it around there) and I am from Danville, IL about an hour away. Danville has like no good car clubs, meets, or shows, so I try to get out to places like lafayette to hang out.

If anyone is interested in checking out the car, it will be at Pro Dyno Tech in Crawfordsville, IN on the weekend of the 7th and 8th getting all tuned and ready to go. Looking for low to mid 600's on low boost and pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread