Who has upgraded rear Calipers and/or Rotors and KEPT parking brake??

Silver TT

Established Member
Are there any good options out there to upgrade the rear brake setup on our 03/04 IRS Cobras and still keep the parking brake like stock?

I installed the Vintage Venom F14 front brake kit and want to improve rear braking as well without losing the parking brake. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks. :beer:

LoudToy948

Ford Family
Established Member
Its been done. Get ahold of Dane at Brads Custom Auto in Seattle, WA and tell him you are interested in rear brakes like Alan Fenstra's 2004 Comp Orange MACH 1. Not cheap, but possible. If I am not mistaken, this kit was designed for the Panoz which uses our IRS.

m5lp_0701_07z2004_ford_mustang_mach_1wheels.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Curious now this plays out. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a MMBAK-15 kit, but would like to retain my parking brake. To date I have not been able to find a company that provides a 4-piston rear caliper, 13in rotor, and retains the parking brake.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Curious now this plays out. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a MMBAK-15 kit, but would like to retain my parking brake. To date I have not been able to find a company that provides a 4-piston rear caliper, 13in rotor, and retains the parking brake.

Wow ....its been a while since I seen you post man. Iam glad your still in it.......this is the reason why I want to go to SRA because wilwood does make a rear big brake kit with ebrake......and not for an irs:(

Users who are viewing this thread