Who has the best deal on a whipple for an 08?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Looking to take the dive into a Whipple for my 08 GT. Who has the best prices on the net, or does anyone know of one that is new or BARELY used for sale?

Thanks!

Cobra-O

Established Member
I got mine from Hilbish Ford in North Carolina. Talk to Jonathan at 704-938-3121 x35, but that was right before the price increase. I got mine for $5175, but when I thought it was lost, I called back to order another one and the new price was $6295. Might have changed though.

Also, you will probably need the 2008 kit which is a 550hp version, but has the programming compatible for the 2008 model. A 2007 kit will work, but you would have to get it from Whipple, or talk them into flashing your computer (or take it straight to the dyno, or order a tune from someone. Either way=more $$). The FRPP handheld device, included with the 07 kit will not work on a 08 GT.

Last edited by a moderator:

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I got mine from Hilbish Ford in North Carolina. Talk to Jonathan at 704-938-3121 x35, but that was right before the price increase. I got mine for $5175, but when I thought it was lost, I called back to order another one and the new price was $6295. Might have changed though.

Also, you will probably need the 2008 kit which is a 550hp version, but has the programming compatible for the 2008 model. A 2007 kit will work, but you would have to get it from Whipple, or talk them into flashing your computer (or take it straight to the dyno, or order a tune from someone. Either way=more $$). The FRPP handheld device, included with the 07 kit will not work on a 08 GT.

Well I plan on having JDM make a custom SCT tune for the car once it's on.

2k6silvergt

Established Member
You could also try YPS, they are out in Cali. That is where I got mine from and got a great deal, but that was a while back before prices on them started to go up.

Ramairgt1

Whipped
Established Member
cjponyparts.com has the polished version on sale for $5999, not sure how much the black version is...they also have a $500 install special going on right now.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
FWIW, the price did go up on the Whipples a couple months ago, so before you really decide on where to get one, verify pricing before you get locked into some deal.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
What the hell changed from 07-08 where you cant use the same tuner?
To be CARB approved, the 08's had quite a few changes. The air box is completely different, and the tune is different (among other things I'm sure). The 08 kits didn't even come out until August of 08 because of the EPA and the CARB (smog) approval.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Since the new price increase I'm pretty confident in saying that I can offer prices better than any Ford Racing dealer. The thing is we respect Whipple's MAP advertising policy and don't post prices below MAP. If you have a price that you would like to see if we can match or beat please give us a call and we will do the best we can to earn your business.

Thanks, Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Users who are viewing this thread