Who has put cams in their stock longblocks??

trey193

Established Member
Just wondering what replacement cams everyone has gone with in their 93 Cobras, seemed to me that was the only thing the car lacked. Timeslips, dyno info or anything else would be appreciated!!

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I put a FMS 'B'cam in at the first of April. My factroy longblock had around 145k miles at the time of install. Car now has a little over 150k miles on it now.
Going to Panhandle Performance the first of July for a dyno burned chip.

trey193

Established Member
Hey Lee ! Yes panhandle has a nice setup my aunt lives about 3 minutes away from their shop and I always stop by there every year we go to Panama City!! Please keep me posted with your gains and where your car makes power at, like timing and F/P! Let me know how it goes because that is what I am looking into next with my cobra is a chip and some dyno time!! Later Trey

trey193

Established Member
Hey Lee a Question for ya!! How do your 1.7's on top of that B cam sound, mine seem to chatter a bit especially when the car is warm and the oil is hot! Are yours quiet or do they make some noise??? Thanks Trey

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I do not have any excessive noise coming from mine. sounds like it did with the stock cam. (except at the tail pipes of course!)

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
12's on stock heads huh?
Geeze, you guys must wring every inch of hp out of those things! :thumbsup:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT X 2
12's on stock heads huh?
Geeze, you guys must wring every inch of hp out of those things! :thumbsup:

Well mine is nitrous assisted :rolleyes:

But I am hoping for a really low 13 n/a time with the cam and custom tune :-D

trey193

Established Member
HEy Lee did U go ahead and replace the valve springs??? If so which ones did U install and did U check the spring height or anything like that?? Also when U reinstalled your 1.7's along with the B did U have to shim any of them. Mine may be fine but they just sound on the loud side?? Take care! Trey

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I installed trickflow factory replacements for ford heads. they were rated for cams up to .540 lift.
the answer your other questions is no. I know, I know :nono: I was supposed to do that but I did not have the equipment to do it. I figure I will worry with that when the motor goes and I have stage 2 work done on the heads:-D

Users who are viewing this thread