Who has press-in rear control arm bushings

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
I have a dirt track fox body and rules require I use stock control arms. I pressed out the rear control arm bushings not knowing that all of the common urethane ones use the stock rubber bushing shell. Of course I massacred the bushing shells getting them out of the arms, so they are unusable. By measuring them, I've even found that the lower arms don't even use the same bushing at each end.

I can find lots of stock type and performance press-in replacement bushings for the upper arms but nothing for the lower arms. Does anyone have part numbers/sources for the rear lower control arm bushings (with shell), either performance or even stock replacement? There has to be bushings available somewhere.

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
Thank you! These will replace several bushings perfectly. Do you dirt track a Mustang?

Does anyone know about stock-type rubber replacements? My control arms do not use the oval bushings.

I understand through Maximum Motorsports that due to the unequal length arm suspension, there should be at least one pivot point allowed to have deflection for axle housing twisting motion during articulation.

fastsvo

Established Member
You're welcome. No, I don't dirt race but in my obsession on learning more about the rear suspensions on these cars somehow I came across that site and bookmarked it.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread