Who has passenger side "Tick"

psucobra

Established Member
I developed a passenger side head Tick/knock a few hundred miles after the first oil change. Im using 5W20 Motorcraft sythetic blend. The car now has about 3,200 miles. The strange thing about the noise is that it doesnt make it when the engine is cold. The noise only happens when the engine is at regular operating temps. Also the sound is intermittent like, tick ......tick...........tick tick tick..........etc.. On some trips it will tick and at other times it will be quiet as a church mouse. When it does tick, the noise is loud enough for me to hear it in the car with the windows up. This might be wishful thinking but my plan was to waite until 5K and switch to Mobil-1 5W30 with the hopes that thicker/slicker oil my quiet the noise. I detest the idea of taking the car in for service at the dealer. Most of my experiences have not been good. Those guys have no respect for your property. Besides the personal issues I have with dealer service departments, the dealers here are only SVT Focus dealers. The closest Cobra/Lightning dealer is in Albuquerque NM, 4 hours away. Do you guys have any advice or suggestions?

Black03WPB

Established Member
I have the same thing.. and Ive been tightening my exhaust gasket like nobodies business...

I'll haev to figure out exactly where the noise is coming from, but mine is very recent..

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread