Who has made their own oil feed line?

MTBSully

Established Member
The one from my on3 kit finally started leaking and I would like to replace it. All the ones on ebay look cheap too. About to order some -4AN stainless braided line and some fittings a go to town. Anyone else do this? I made my -10 return line as well as my -10 oil filter relocation lines, just never worked with something as small as the -4 before.

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
Don't get discouraged but -4 is a pita. I used fragola fittings and line. Don't order summit brand -4 stuff will break easily.

MTBSully

Established Member
Don't get discouraged but -4 is a pita. I used fragola fittings and line. Don't order summit brand -4 stuff will break easily.

I ordered 6' of aeromotive stainless braided lines and summit fittings. About $40 worth of stuff. I just didnt want to go the ebay route as they all looked the same as my on3 line. Dont want an oil leak that starts a fire! Will update the thread when I get it all done.

Last edited:

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I just made all new power steering and hydroboost lines with -6 PTFE lines and fittings from Russell. They weren't to bad but -4 or -3 is going to be a PITA. I would get N02 or brake lines that are pre-made. Also Precision had me run -3 lines.

badblacklx

Established Member
Be careful I had 4 and -4 summit fitting break on me. I feel I am well versed in putting together -an line. Even tightening up on the nut that threads on to turbo I had one if the nuts pull off the fitting itself I wasn't wrenching on
Them either.

95snake03

Established Member
i use earls -4 fittings on all my nylon vaccum lines and that stuff seems way easier to put the hose ends together than my -16 stainless hose ends were

04yfzkid

Established Member
My buddy had no problem making his -4 line with out a vise and summit stuff. For me we have a earls shop in town and it was under $20 for a premade -4 line ( I think 36") with a 90.

MTBSully

Established Member
My buddy had no problem making his -4 line with out a vise and summit stuff. For me we have a earls shop in town and it was under $20 for a premade -4 line ( I think 36") with a 90.
Wish i could have done that. Every premade line i found though looked very similar to the line I am replacing, so i figured I would give this a shot.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I bought the oil drain and return line kit from treadstone. Only thing I don't like is the feed is a -3 an. But so far no issues with either turbonetics turbo I have run. One was journal bearing and one ball bearing.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Just measure how long each -4 line needs to be call summit and tell them you want a fragola custom length hose made with what ever ends you need. fragola will make it and drop ship it to you Had mine at the door in 3 days.

Last edited:

MTBSully

Established Member
Just measure how long each -4 line needs to be call summit and tell them you want a fragola custom length hose made with what ever ends you need. fragola will make it and drop ship it to you Had mine at the door in 3 days.
Damn. Guess I will know for next time, or if this doesn't work out. Going to be delivered today so I will let you guys know how it works out.

Senator

Dude....Seriously?
Established Member
My -4 Jeg's fittings were waaaay easier to work with than any -10 lines I've built...

Just did my feed line this past weekend. That's a 13mm socket in the picture for size reference.
IMG_20141017_183409.jpg

MTBSully

Established Member
I made a mistake ordering the PTFE line. I just returned that stuff and ordered regular -4AN with rubber and stainless braid. Going to be raining here for the next few days so no rush. I will post pics when its done.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
if you have a Parker store or similar near you, you can go there and ask them to make a hydraulic oil line with braided stainless and they will crimp the ends on the line, just as they do for brake lines. You'll never make enough oil pressure to blow it and you can have them make it right there in front of you to your exact length. I did this when my on3 line melted.

Users who are viewing this thread