who has gutted the eaton and used it as an intake manifold?

WDW MKR

Established Member
You could accomplish the same sleeper effect by running a '99-01 NA intake and claiming the car is NA with a CAI. If they question the body panels, you just say you put the Terminator body kit on your NA Cobra. That intake will give you a much better power band, anyhow. You mentioned painting the HE, so I'm assuming you will be removing the factory intercooler.

I think its dumb to handicap yourself by running a poor excuse for an intake manifold. Definitely gets points for creativity, though.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
I thought it was a cool idea when i posted this a few months ago. You definitely got more response than I did..LOL.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
I mean I get the idea you are trying to do....but it's kinda of pointless IMO.

Any stupid enough to not be able to recognize a car is Turbo charged is ignorant. B/c regardless of how quiet or loud your car is, you will know. After one run everyone will know. I've never understood the idea of trying to hide shit. Run what you brung.

yan88gt

Established Member
Anyone know if you can use the 2001 cobra accessories and alternator if you remove the blower snout just to keep the intercooler? Will the heat exchanger lines cause any clearance issue? Thanks!

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
I mean I get the idea you are trying to do....but it's kinda of pointless IMO.

Any stupid enough to not be able to recognize a car is Turbo charged is ignorant. B/c regardless of how quiet or loud your car is, you will know. After one run everyone will know. I've never understood the idea of trying to hide shit. Run what you brung.

+1....Stealth and Cobra Terminator do not go together. If you don't want 'em to know, don't pop the hood.

I like the idea of trying to convince them that it is a NA car by using the 99-01 intake though!

03_svtzilla

Banned
Going to sell my:beer: 03 silver termi.88MM turbo done by modular powerhouse.9,700 MILES car makes over 850 rwhp now without the 75 shot.Pm for more details.

WDW MKR

Established Member
yan88gt said:
Anyone know if you can use the 2001 cobra accessories and alternator if you remove the blower snout just to keep the intercooler? Will the heat exchanger lines cause any clearance issue? Thanks!

Yes, but you also have to modify the coolant crossover pipe and integrated thermostat bypass. The alternator is the only accessory that isn't currently on the inner 6-rib drive of the 03/04 Cobras.

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Venomhiss said:
Has anyone here, or anyone here know of, someone thats gutted the eaton and used it as an intake manifold? i assume it could work in theory but, what were its downfalls if it had any? and how hard is it to gut the eaton?
Centi or hair dryer use a '99 Snake intake. It's waste of time + the xtra weight doing a conversion.

yan88gt

Established Member
Centi or hair dryer use a '99 Snake intake. It's waste of time + the xtra weight doing a conversion.

I actually have a NA 2001 cobra on my 1994 but i will swap the complete blower assemblie,internals and heads of the 2003 cobra. I use to own a turbo 5.0 and one day i will probably put a turbo on this thing. The complete 2003 front cover and accessorie would be worth some cash if i want to sell it. I was thinking of keeping my 2001 cobra front cover and accessorie for a future turbo build-up and keep the intercooler from the 2003. And the alternator from the 2003 cobra seems to be a problem for the crossover pipe fabrication (except for a hellion style turbo kit)

yan88gt

Established Member
seems like a whooooooole lot of trouble to go through.
I don't think so. If i could keep the cobra intercooler with the front accessorie of the 2001 cobra, it would simplify the turbo build up.Less piping for intercooler and more room for turbo build up with the 2001 cobra alternator placement.

yan88gt

Established Member
BTW i'm not looking yo hide the turbo or make it look factory. I'm just looking to put 2001 cobra front cover and accessories with 2003 cobra intercooler to make more room for turbo piping.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Venomhiss said:
No im going the "i want a turbo, but i want people to think i just have a blower so i can hustle them" route lol.:-D

Why not keep the Eaton hooked up and plumb a single turbo "STS" style into one exhaust pipe underneath the car somewhere and plumb that upstream of the Eaton's air intake. Not saying it would be the most efficient exhaust wise but for the effort and given your hiding/hacking stuff anyway thats the best compromise IMO. I'm with everyone else though, one run and people hear the whistle and your done for.

Users who are viewing this thread