who has been unhappy with their tubular front end

TRBO VNM

fourvalvegt said:
yea how do you know dan we usually try to keep him off of the boards

we have talked on occassion. he was going to buy my wrecked comp orange car, but had problems getting transport worked out. and we have talked about some other things and I am following the hood thread on the other board.

fourvalvegt

Established Member
o it was your comp orange that he wanted. he bought a triple black 04 instead. im not sure when the hood will be done but i think that they are going to do an sn95 one too

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
fourvalvegt said:
the psr price is actaully 995 plus shipping. where did you hear the 1220 price jut out of curiosity. and for the 995 price it comes completely assembled with all grade 8 or better hardware im not sure on the specific grade at this time.

I found the price information here. The $995 PSR kit does not come with coil overs and springs.

I was quoted $995 for the K member and A arms and all hardware. Coilovers and springs were not included in that price but could be purchased from PSR for like $220 more.

zo6this

Established Member
I have a upr k member it didnt fit real well especailly where the motor mounts go and i had a lot of problems getting a oil filter to fit. I would recommend going with maximum motorsports if you are going to run a hellion kit.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
zo6this said:
I have a upr k member it didnt fit real well especailly where the motor mounts go and i had a lot of problems getting a oil filter to fit. I would recommend going with maximum motorsports if you are going to run a hellion kit.
Did you get the old style UPR kit or the new style that came out about 10 months ago? Supposedly, the new style corrected many of the problems inherent in the original UPR kit.

TRBO VNM

thats interesting. +1 on when you got it because i have installed 3 or 4 of the newer ones without issue. depending on how high I get the motor depends on how much massaging I have to do to get the motor seated properly. but so far they have all gone in pretty easy aside from the lack of instructions with the kit. :bash:

on the filter, you need to use a shorter filter. the factory filter won't work. I have used NAPA filters and Amsoil filters. There are STP filters that work as well.

BlackStripes

Established Member
fourvalvegt said:
we have a fabrication shop with a stress analysis machine and broke of theres in half while ours surpassed that point. there are actually quite a few k members we did this too also

Could you expand this please? Where it broke, how much force was applied, what kind of machine is it?

I've seen SO many cars with Hoosiers 315's in the front and the most abrasive pads using MM K-members that i find this very interesting...

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread