Who has a VMP Gen3 TVS

Beercules

Established Member
Mine did too. 1320 junky's port job fixed it.

I've got a 2011, but the engine is a built/cammed 5.8. Just wrapped up my Gen3 install this morning. TB will be a KB 168 mono with Scott’s adapter, and a DD149 intake.

Going to try a 3" pulley with my 10% lower for the 93 tune. If that's making too much boost (think it'll be borderline) I've got a 3.3" on hand and ready to go. I wish there was a size in between the two, but there's not. Race tune will be MS109, turning it all the way up with a 2.4" pulley and the 10% lower. Lund is once again doing the tuning.

I'll report back with boost #s once I get on the dyno. I'm curious to see myself. My stock Trinity TVS fell flat on it's face past 4K RPMs and dropped a lot of boost. I'm expecting much more out of the Gen3.

RBB

Established Member
Mine did too. 1320 junky's port job fixed it.
Yeah, I’ve seen big #s from his one piece ported Trinity blowers. It was either that or the Gen3. I ended up winning a Gen3 in Lethal’s Christmas drawing so that turned out to be a good move for a variety of reasons.

Has anyone here had Jay port their Gen3? I recall seeing a pic of one on Facebook, but I never saw dyno comparisons.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Funny I’ve just been talking to him about that very thing. I’m thinking more welded/enlarged rear plenum type deal, maxed out. I’ll let you guys know.
-J

RBB

Established Member
Funny I’ve just been talking to him about that very thing. I’m thinking more welded/enlarged rear plenum type deal, maxed out. I’ll let you guys know.
-J
There’s definitely room for some work. What did he have to say about gains on the ones he’s already done?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
-J
The only thing that sucks when he welds and ports them is the EGR is a nightmare to reinstall. On a stock 13/14 engine I just dont see any point in porting a Gen3, that blower with a 2.4 upper and stock lower will make enough power to snap the rods. But with a built engine I guess it will help.

merkyworks

Established Member
The only thing that sucks when he welds and ports them is the EGR is a nightmare to reinstall.

When I installed my gen2r getting the EGR tube threaded was still a PITA. Then later when I did LT's the EGR tube was even more of a PITA to thread. You would think someone would make a flexible EGR tube kind of like a gas stove or gas dryer uses, this would make aftermarket parts installs so much easier.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
When I installed my gen2r getting the EGR tube threaded was still a PITA. Then later when I did LT's the EGR tube was even more of a PITA to thread. You would think someone would make a flexible EGR tube kind of like a gas stove or gas dryer uses, this would make aftermarket parts installs so much easier.
Yeah I'm sure the Gen3 is going to be a lot of fun to install lol. I agree, I'm surprised no one made a adapter.

Beercules

Established Member
Jason just wrote me back and said 30+.

Yeah, I’ve seen big #s from his one piece ported Trinity blowers. It was either that or the Gen3. I ended up winning a Gen3 in Lethal’s Christmas drawing so that turned out to be a good move for a variety of reasons.

Has anyone here had Jay port their Gen3? I recall seeing a pic of one on Facebook, but I never saw dyno comparisons.

He just wrote back and said 30+

hostile500

Established Member
If you guys are going to have him port those blowers you should ship him your lower manifolds as well, There is some good amount of power coming out of the lowers he does as well, along with lowering your boost pressures. If you're looking to change up the colors of your gen3s after he does the porting, I do all the powder coating for him. Other than Black and silvers.

hostile500

Established Member
I’m thinking bigger than just a port, but I’d love a color change like the smoked chrome we picked on the Trinity project.
Good to know you’re involved man
-J

Yeah there’s some killer colors we can do. I’ll shoot you a text with the company I use.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool buddy. I think it was Prismatic that we used last time?
I actually etched it into the XBA elbow that’s still on the shelf. I had a local guy do the same color for friend and it was off, so there’s something to doing it for a desired effect. I’d probably ship out one of the color I’d want to reproduce and a few other pieces to tie in with the blower. Default is always black or body color, Sterling Grey.
-J

hostile500

Established Member
Cool buddy. I think it was Prismatic that we used last time?
I actually etched it into the XBA elbow that’s still on the shelf. I had a local guy do the same color for friend and it was off, so there’s something to doing it for a desired effect. I’d probably ship out one of the color I’d want to reproduce and a few other pieces to tie in with the blower. Default is always black or body color, Sterling Grey.
-J

IMG_2213.JPG

This is a new splatter black with high gloss.
Hell ya. I use all of prismatic powders actually so that would work out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread