Who has a RZR? School me

Blown 89

Established Member
5mph...? Cmon
The tires slid off some rocks on a trail and they fell all of a few feet into a washboard rut on the trail and rolled once or twice (I can't remember). It doesn't take much to get upside down and there isn't any protection from things striking you through the open cage. These things are so under-engineered it's scary.

blk02edge

Established Member
The tires slid off some rocks on a trail and they fell all of a few feet into a washboard rut on the trail and rolled once or twice (I can't remember). It doesn't take much to get upside down and there isn't any protection from things striking you through the open cage. These things are so under-engineered it's scary.
Oh that makes more sense, i pictured a 5mph collison. And I know, they are tippy, been there

nxhappy

Established Member
soft sand puts way more stress on the suspension parts and the motor. better off in the hard pack sand or forest trails.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Yeah I would agree Sand has to be much more forgiving overall other than running it at redline rpm all the time paddling sand...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
why is sand getting in the intake? They have filters....oh ya, another shitty Polaris design....

Lol.

You are a window licker aren’t you?

P.S.— mom is pissed you were up past 830 last night so get your comments in quickly today before bed time.

Don’t want to have extra chores come Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

awful knawful

Established Member
Lol.

You are a window licker aren’t you?

P.S.— mom is pissed you were up past 830 last night so get your comments in quickly today before bed time.

Don’t want to have extra chores come Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Why was Polaris rebuilding motors because of shitty airbox design on the 800s?
It is what it is. You don't have to like it. Sand is nothing compared to roots, rocks, mud and water holes.

lilcoop03

Established Member
In before SD...

But seriously, I want one anyway and I'm going to start the local search. Ill take my time and wait for the right deal. I just bought a house and working on putting my old one up FSBO so I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime!

lilcoop03

Established Member
Heard about a local group that you can ride on 900+ acres for $50 a year. But no riding during hunting season. That sucks because fall would be the most enjoyable time to enjoy these things with the cooler weather and falling leaves, etc... I wish it snowed more than once a year or so here. RZR+snow has gotta be a blast

Blackoyote

Established Member
I'll be looking into one in a year or two once my son gets a little older, but I'm definitely nervous about how often they break.

I ride my dirt bike at Brushy Mountain or Brown Mountain every other weekend, and I've NEVER been and not seen one being towed or limped back to the parking lot with only 3 wheels on it.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Heard about a local group that you can ride on 900+ acres for $50 a year. But no riding during hunting season. That sucks because fall would be the most enjoyable time to enjoy these things with the cooler weather and falling leaves, etc... I wish it snowed more than once a year or so here. RZR+snow has gotta be a blast

where is that? It cost 30 bucks to ride at carolina adventure world just for one day.

I also go to sumter national forest which is only a $4 parking pass.

lilcoop03

Established Member
where is that? It cost 30 bucks to ride at carolina adventure world just for one day.

I also go to sumter national forest which is only a $4 parking pass.

A buddy of mine told me he joined and rides his 2013 800S out there. I'm assuming its some kind of private land in Saluda county, SC He said its a lot of fun and good group of people.

awful knawful

Established Member
I leave right from my house. Can travel the whole province. 1000s of kms of trails. $51/year trail pass. Quebec is 5 minutes across the river. Best trails in Canada.

RX1Cobra

Established Member

Honestly get what you can get the best deal on and find a machine that was well cared for. I think the Can Am or Polaris will be perfect for your needs.

And they're kinda a handful in snow. They go fine but they have so much engine braking if you let of the gas on ice they want to loop around on you.

That's why we have sleds for winter and SxS for summer.

Users who are viewing this thread