Who has a RZR? School me

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Looking for something to cruise trails, drink a few beers, and listen to music in with the wife..lol

Maybe get both?
This is pretty much what I do with mine. I have a 14 Maverick. Hasn't had any problems and have about 1200 fairly hard miles on it. Rides great, soaks up huge ruts like nothing and the N/A 1000 has plenty of power for trail riding.

For your use I think any of the main brands will be OK. You mainly see problems from them when you really start abusing them. People I ride with have had multiple Polaris Rangers and no issues from them either.

Biggest problem is dumping money into them. Doors, roof, stereo, winch, etc. adds up real quick.

nxhappy

Established Member
i was going to get a RZR until i started spending time on the forum. From what i understand belts constantly break, voltage regulators, tie rods, differentials, cv joints, axles, bearings..etc. I could go on..

I dont have that kinda time so im either going with a honda pioneer 1000 or either version of the can am maverick.
yep, this is all true. the can am is the better choice.

awful knawful

Established Member
Looking for something to cruise trails, drink a few beers, and listen to music in with the wife..lol

Maybe get both?

Commander would be a good choice too. I hate Kawasaki, from my 86 & 87 ATVs, but 2 friends with Teryx and they love them.

From what I see I wouldn't touch a Polaris with a 10 foot pole. Just too many issues. My buds Ranger 570 is the biggest POS I've ever seen. Two others with original rzr 800s had to dump them. Too many issues. Not beat on. Buds rzr s 800 needed a rebuild when almost new. 850 xp 5th set of wheel bearings, rear diff, awd, adc, hubs 2x, bushings and steering bushings x2. No mudding, trail ridden, less miles than my outlander 1000xt on original wheel bearings.

Sladester2

Established Member
I wouldn't own a canned ham or an underpowered Honda. Never had a single issue with my rzr xp 1000 or ranger 900.. rzr has 1500 hard miles on it, ranger has 10k miles on it and going up.

Attachments

• rzr.jpg
    rzr.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 100

Equalbracket

Established Member
When I looked at buying one they were already in the 20's now they have nav, backup camera, no telling what else as I haven't bothered looking since, they're a lot of fun but from my experience you need a few friends with their own, or other wise its like owning a boat.

Geez, you can spec them into mid 30's now wow.

Last edited:

lilcoop03

Established Member
Wow so many different opinions. Almost everyone says they are junk but also several saying theyre great if you don't beat the shit out of them. FWIW, I wouldn't be very hard on one I get. Easy trail riding, no mudding, and hauling ass down gravel roads sounds fun to me.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Wow so many different opinions. Almost everyone says they are junk but also several saying theyre great if you don't beat the shit out of them. FWIW, I wouldn't be very hard on one I get. Easy trail riding, no mudding, and hauling ass down gravel roads sounds fun to me.

to put things in perspective for you, polaris just got fined $27mil from the consumer product safety commision for problems with the RZRs that the company failed to act on.

Not to mention they have recalled literally 100,000 machines in the last 5yrs or so.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
good lord what a bunch of trouble, I think I'll stick to my under powered honda atv. Short of wrecking it oil, filter, plug and battery is probably all itll ever need

awful knawful

Established Member
So take it to the dealer and wham bam its fixed for free though right?

Bikes we're catching fire.
People were seriously injured and some even killed before Polaris were forced to do something. Cost them a lot of $. I think they had to recall them again the second time.

Polaris has more recalls in the last few years than all others combined. By a huge margin.

Users who are viewing this thread