Who does custom email tunes?

blackmage

Established Member
Have a 96 GT with a 4v swap. Minor bolt ons, looking for a little information on whats out there. I'm new to tuning so this is all foreign to me. Sounds like I need an SCT tuner and a wideband at least. anything else?

cj428mach

Established Member
I probably could, I never looked into it honestly.
I've dealt with 3 remote tuners

Amazon=joke
Bama= good customer service, tune was fine I just hate trusting someone to not miss anything.
Lasota Racing= great customer service, you can own your own tune.

I suggest looking at the PRP from Don Lasota. Don will make you a base tune and you tweak it from there. If you can't figure it out you have the option of paying him to do the tune for you but you own the tune. I have the PRP from him and his customer service is top notch I still ask him questions months later after purchase and I get a response in 24hrs. A friend of mine got a remote 91octane and e85 tune for his ported cobra from Don and is equally as happy. My friend is the one that turned me on to him after his great experience and hearing about my Amazon experience.

blackmage

Established Member
I've dealt with 3 remote tuners

Amazon=joke
Bama= good customer service, tune was fine I just hate trusting someone to not miss anything.
Lasota Racing= great customer service, you can own your own tune.

I suggest looking at the PRP from Don Lasota. Don will make you a base tune and you tweak it from there. If you can't figure it out you have the option of paying him to do the tune for you but you own the tune. I have the PRP from him and his customer service is top notch I still ask him questions months later after purchase and I get a response in 24hrs. A friend of mine got a remote 91octane and e85 tune for his ported cobra from Don and is equally as happy. My friend is the one that turned me on to him after his great experience and hearing about my Amazon experience.

Good info thanks for that.

I'll email them to see if they have any advice for me.

blackmage

Established Member
Your combo sounds fairly mild. And if you learn you can change your tune as needed.

yea it is, nothing crazy. I don't know if I can justify the cost of the tuning programs along with the price of a tuner right now though. I think I'd be looking at around $800, and not saying I'm cheap, but I really don't feel like spending that much. Don Lasota gave me some great info and also suggested just tuning it myself though, so I will still keep it in mind. Car drives perfectly fine as is, but I know it has more power just sitting idle in there with the GT ECU.

Bob Kurgan at Kurgan Motorsports.

I'll shoot him an email as well.

Users who are viewing this thread