Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

cobracide

Established Member
Maybe its possible one day. I hate to say never.

Hell Elon designed a rocket that can launch into outer space and then land on a wirelessly controlled barge in the middle of the ocean.

Currently though we are not there. Hell we can't even take care of our existing roadways, let alone putting electricity in them
Testing is going on now and the eta is abot 2030. I used to think we can't take care of existing roads either - until I moved more south without six months of snow and salt. For most of the county, constant repaving is not necessary and road work can be done year round - Unlike in the northeast.

Intervention302

Established Member
Testing is going on now and the eta is abot 2030. I used to think we can't take care of existing roads either - until I moved more south without six months of snow and salt. For most of the county, constant repaving is not necessary and road work can be done year round - Unlike in the northeast.

I do suppose our smart phones can wireless charge 15 watts on a 1" circle

Who knows it might be effective enough with more advancements.

but again, the overwhelming majority of Americans can do their daily commute on a single charge. So I just don't see it necessary

cobracide

Established Member
I do suppose our smart phones can wireless charge 15 watts on a 1" circle

Who knows it might be effective enough with more advancements.

but again, the overwhelming majority of Americans can do their daily commute on a single charge. So I just don't see it necessary

For long distance travel, EVs already match or exceed an ICE car tank of gas. The lack of charging station infrastructure is a hurdle to overcome - and no one wants to wait to charge up anyways really.

Intervention302

Established Member
For long distance travel, EVs already match or exceed an ICE car tank of gas. The lack of charging station infrastructure is a hurdle to overcome - and no one wants to wait for a charge anyways really.
Thanks for being polite and not resort to ridiculous name calling because of a car I decided to buy, by the way. I under estimated how easily triggered this crowd gets.

An interesting topic I was listening to Elon discuss was range. He stated that he could easily give the Cybertruck 1,000 mile range, OR MORE. But that would in every single possible scenario result in a vehicle that performs worse.

Same reason you don't see sedans with 80 gallon gas tanks. You'd just 98% of the time be carrying around extra weight hurting performance, braking, comfort, and efficiency.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for being polite and not resort to ridiculous name calling because of a car I decided to buy, by the way. I under estimated how easily triggered this crowd gets.

An interesting topic I was listening to Elon discuss was range. He stated that he could easily give the Cybertruck 1,000 mile range, OR MORE. But that would in every single possible scenario result in a vehicle that performs worse.

Same reason you don't see sedans with 80 gallon gas tanks. You'd just 98% of the time be carrying around extra weight hurting performance, braking, comfort, and efficiency.
You under estimated it so much that you had your flame suit loaded. Lmfao.

Yes, a few on here came in hot. Everyone else…? Hell, you tried to make something out of nothing with the one guy.

I generally like ev’s. I generally don’t like the owners of ev’s.

Intervention302

Established Member
Flame suit for the car... not for a fellow cobra enthusiast.

There's always negative comments. The more successful you get, the more negative comments come your way. Saying that from Joe Rogan or Jordan Peterson. Not for myself, just as an example

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I need to sit down one day and decide why I’m going to start liking electric vehicles.

It’s definitely going to begin with their lack of emissions, and basically go full circle about how I enjoy the fact that they take air pollution out of the states, and transport it into strip mining, and buried and leaking battery pollution in third world countries (because I imagine that’s where we’ll send the hundreds of thousands of cars to rot as they age out)

Intervention302

Established Member
Even if your home is powered by 100% coal power, your EV still is emits less emissions by around 60k miles. But I know you know that

Again, I didn't buy to save the environment. I couldn't care less.

What I do care about, is driving the MOST AMERICAN car by content %, made by Americans for Americans, and then "fueled" with electricity made in my home State.

CLN 6R

Established Member
I love my 3. 0 regrets buying it and I’ve had very very few issues with it.

I’m actually selling it for a truck, horrible timing with gas going higher and higher, bit I need more space for two growing kids, and need the utility of a truck more and more at this point in my life.

I will admit I hate that electric vehicle are being shoved down our throats by the Dems.

Intervention302

Established Member
I love my 3. 0 regrets buying it and I’ve had very very few issues with it.

I’m actually selling it for a truck, horrible timing with gas going higher and higher, bit I need more space for two growing kids, and need the utility of a truck more and more at this point in my life.

I will admit I hate that electric vehicle are being shoved down our throats by the Dems.
I thought I was the only one here haha. No kids for me, so it fits my needs as a daily driver as good as any car could possibly.

CLN 6R

Established Member
I thought I was the only one here haha. No kids for me, so it fits my needs as a daily driver as good as any car could possibly.
Hah. Nope it’s been a great car. Fun too, despite what people like to think. I have the accel boost and it has power for days. Great daily.

Intervention302

Established Member
Hah. Nope it’s been a great car. Fun too, despite what people like to think. I have the accel boost and it has power for days. Great daily.
Yours ran 11.9?

Mine was just a touch quicker. My first two runs were 0.001 different

ajaf1656

Established Member
To be honest there's just nothing about them I find interesting. None of the things people like about them is anything I care about in a car. I like going fast, but not in a car I don't find appealing.

andymarkv

Established Member
That is going to be difficult.

I wouldn't trade my Cobra for any EV. If I absolutely HAD to, it would be the Plaid so it could at least be as fast, or faster.

They do make really great dailys however. The benefits over ICE are numerous

Great exciting/involved drive? Not so much
I hear what you're saying, but Toyota has already filed a patent for a "virtual clutch" for EV's...so manufacturers are thinking about these things.(very disappointed it was Toyota that filed...not MOPAR...)

I think I'm OK with vehicles that "simulate" ICE experiences. I suppose its a little like HBO's Westworld...would you refuse banging an uber-hot robot chick that you couldn't tell was a robot on principle...? Then again, a "virtual clutch" would be the equivalent of automotive masturbation...

cobracide

Established Member
Even if your home is powered by 100% coal power, your EV still is emits less emissions by around 60k miles. But I know you know that

Again, I didn't buy to save the environment. I couldn't care less.

What I do care about, is driving the MOST AMERICAN car by content %, made by Americans for Americans, and then "fueled" with electricity made in my home State.

Good point - Tesla is about as close to "American Made" as you are going to get nowadays. The problem with buying an "American Car" is that they are all a mix and match of parts - produced all over the world and assembled here Mexico or Canada. Tesla just surpassed Ford on the "American Made list for #1.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
This is quite literally you. To feel the need to call names and make fun of my business all because I enjoy driving an EV?

You're a winner for sure

maxresdefault.jpg

Reading comprehension and critical thinking.
Try it sometime.
(Hint: start at post #1)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think a key point and a big reason why so many dislike and even criticize EVs, is that for eons, people have bought cars because in large part they enjoy driving them. Not as a passenger might enjoy sitting in them, but as a driver connected to the road and interacting with the controls of the vehicle. The feeling of satisfaction shifting gears, listening to the engine (especially if it was a V8), feeling the bursts of torque through each gear. So much of that is, unfortunately, lost in an EV at the present time. The power delivery in an EV is very linear. You mash the pedal and it's a straight uninterrupted burst forward. With an ICE, even with an automatic, that power delivery is interrupted momentarily with each gear change. With a manual, it's even more (enjoyably) noticeable. There's an exhilaration you get driving an ICE that is just unique to the vehicle. There's also a linear exhilaration in driving a higher power EV where you're pushed into the seat back and there is no letup until you let off the power delivery. And, by the way, some own high powered EVs, like the Plaid, to wear the crown of quickest and fastest. I'm not saying @Intervention302 did that, just saying some do. Those in that category should be honest about it.

Here's the bottom line that we should all not forget. For a multitude of different reasons, there are some who love to own and drive EVs (my brother is one of those) and wouldn't own anything else. There are others who want one of each, for differing reasons. And yet others who absolutely do NOT want an EV (I would be one of those), for differing reasons. Many are at the point of hating them mainly because Democrats and Progressives are pushing, no forcing, us to give up our ICEs and conform to the Green World of electric everything. Is housing next? Businesses? For now, we are a mixed bag. We can, though, respect each other's reasons for owning an EV, or even an ICE. It doesn't serve any good purpose to criticize each other for what we drive.

Lastly, let's remember that "clean" electricity is generated by plants that are fueled by fossil fuels in most cases. Solar and wind won't be able to solely replace fossil fuel. That's another topic for another time.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
To be honest there's just nothing about them I find interesting. None of the things people like about them is anything I care about in a car. I like going fast, but not in a car I don't find appealing.
+1 friend of mine has a plaid. Sure it's crazy fast in a straight line but doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather have a much slower (more rewarding) fuel injected engine....

colin450

Established Member
I just think Teslas are ugly. I really like the Porsche Taycan and the Audi E-Tron but they're out of my price range.

Users who are viewing this thread