who can name this old video game

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I'm trying to name this old pc game I used to play , basically you fly around in choppers and kill everything. It was top view looking down like old GTA games. The levels were really colorful and visually appealing, like a tropical level with bright blue water and bright green jungles. It had similar graphics to Solar Winds, smooth and nice looking, not some crappy old DOS game. And I was playing them both around the same time. Can anyone name the game?

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Return Fire?
Jungle Strike?

Return fire was the shit! I don't know how many hours I spent trying to out run that ****ing submarine that showed up if you flew out into the water too far.

I played tiger-heli on the ole Nintendo a lot. Not sure if it was a pc game was well.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Return fire was the shit! I don't know how many hours I spent trying to out run that ****ing submarine that showed up if you flew out into the water too far.

One of the best under rated games of all time. Huge amount of levels and humor that added into it all. I still have it on a flash drive that i take on vacations to play during down time. I got my wife into it on our Hawaii honeymoon while we were stuck in the lobby of the hotel during a tsunami warning. Not gonna lie, she was much better at it than i was.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
One of the best under rated games of all time. Huge amount of levels and humor that added into it all. I still have it on a flash drive that i take on vacations to play during down time. I got my wife into it on our Hawaii honeymoon while we were stuck in the lobby of the hotel during a tsunami warning. Not gonna lie, she was much better at it than i was.

Now I must find it and do the same lol. They need an android version for my phone.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
desert-strike-5.jpg

bobby_0081

Established Member
Desert Strike had a view similar to the original GTA from the top and was a helicopter game that I remember playing in the mid 90's and was DOS based...

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

I almost want to say this is the game, but I have a slight feeling that its not the one. If its not this its something very similar. The only level i remember from the game Im thinking was a jungle setting, half the level was jungle and half was the ocean. I dont remember any desert parts.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
I almost want to say this is the game, but I have a slight feeling that its not the one. If its not this its something very similar. The only level i remember from the game Im thinking was a jungle setting, half the level was jungle and half was the ocean. I dont remember any desert parts.

there were several variants of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_series

jungle_strike_box_us.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Now I must find it and do the same lol. They need an android version for my phone.

check abandonware sites. some still have it available. that is where i found my copy of it. DOSbox was also needed to run it correctly.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

after watching some youtube vids im gonna make the call that the game im thinking of is NOT desert or jungle strike. the game im thinking of is more of a crazy shoot-em-up arcade style helicopter game, whereas the strike games seem more refined and mission based. i seem to remember that there something like 4 to 8 levels you could unlock. anyone have any more guesses?

Users who are viewing this thread