Who are you using for investment advice? Newsletter or other?

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
This is not a stock-picking thread, we already have one of those going. I am looking for recommendations on investment newsletters and such. The market & economy is bat-shit crazy right now, and teetering on a knife edge IMHO. I have some money that is sitting in cash, but of course, that is losing value every single day. I'd like to get daily, weekly or monthly investment advice from a solid, reputable source. My primary interest is dividend-paying stocks.

Any recommendations? Thanks

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking into a subscription to the Motley Fool for things like that. I am not sure if it’s worth the money, would like to hear other opinions about this too. I am just going on hunches, buying gas stocks and putting money into s&p 500 etfs. Another sector I am watching is the dollar general/dollar tree stocks, considering the economy sucks more people are buying from those stores more than ever.

4.698gt

Established Member
I don't like alot of YouTube investors but this guy seems to have a pretty solid handle on stock advice. Cherry picked a few from various videos when I was looking for monthly paying dividends. GAIN and GLAD are the two I picked up and have been solid.

Edit: maybe we can convince the kid that was tweeting out Musk's travel plans to switch over to tweeting out what all the major players in Washington are buying.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't use any at the moment. I had a good run under Trump in regards to tech stocks but have been taking a beating since end of last year.

At this point it's hard to decide to sell and go to another sector or just try to ride this storm out.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Seeking Alpha isn't bad. This contributor has a lot of advice geared to dividend paying stock. There is an ability to subscribe to both. I use SA and TD Ameritrade combined to investigate and buy and sell.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
We just use our Edward Jones guy, like we have been for years. He adjusts our portfolio as needed and has done a great job with it. We also don't try to "time" the market, just steady investing into good growth stock mutual funds.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
not looking for dividends at the moment, when it seems things are in the ballpark of close to bottoming out I'll jump in a couple of Vanguard index funds to hold for the next ~30 years so thats what I'm looking into at the moment

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
*cough cough* you guys *cough*
Is that bad? :ROFLMAO:

It can't be all that bad. I was definitely up, right until everything took a massive dump.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
We just use our Edward Jones guy, like we have been for years. He adjusts our portfolio as needed and has done a great job with it. We also don't try to "time" the market, just steady investing into good growth stock mutual funds.
Yeah, I've got an Edward Jones guy calling me every once in a while. But they charge a pretty high fee.

I'm basically just trying to emulate my recently deceased father, who had a bunch of good dividend-payers, and was making $80k a year in dividends. I (with other siblings) inherited some of them and will keep them, but I'd like to add more. Gotta pay some dividends tho, that's my hot button.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I've got an Edward Jones guy calling me every once in a while. But they charge a pretty high fee.

I'm basically just trying to emulate my recently deceased father, who had a bunch of good dividend-payers, and was making $80k a year in dividends. I (with other siblings) inherited some of them and will keep them, but I'd like to add more. Gotta pay some dividends tho, that's my hot button.

one thing to keep in mind is that dividends are taxable income. Depending on your strategy, interest on municipal bonds and such is another avenue to look at - the interest is not taxed. We have an investment account set up to take care of some property - the idea is that it would be able to pay all the bills in perpetuity so its a mix of things but there's a decent chunk in bonds with non-taxable interest payments

4.698gt

Established Member

That was my plan when the market did the covid crash. Basically start investing into monthly paying dividends that could equal out to a third or fourth paycheck per month. The guy I linked in my previous post actually made a series of videos to receive a dividend every day of the year

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
....The guy I linked in my previous post actually made a series of videos to receive a dividend every day of the year
Thanks, I watched a couple of his vids, and subscribed to him. That's the kind of info I want..... Just some solid picks and reasonable dividends. Not looking for day-trading tips, I've been there and promptly lost my shirt, haha. You gotta be an insider to make money at that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
One of my kids is a wheel with Fisher, but he can’t help me to much.

Blood and money don't mix, even if you love and trust them. My daughter has me helping her a lot, I keep trying to steer her to a reliable advisor, nope!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I do my own private research. I study each individual investment very carefully.

I think looking to the internet for investment ideas is a path to failure.

Users who are viewing this thread