Who are the good tuners in Houston right now?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I'm just about finished with my 5.3/F-1A-94/e85 build and am starting to look for tuners. My previous builder is going through legal issues so I am looking at other options. The only other shop I ever used for tuning was HPP up in Lewisville, not familiar with shops down here in the Houston area.

Anybody know somebody that is good with Prochargers, e85, ~25 psi @ 7k?

Thanks!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I tried Kevin (04Sleeper) since he has such a great reputation with e85, unfortunately he cannot take on anymore work right now.

I figured since the entire powertrain is non-stock to include the fuel system I would rather have the tuner physically there with the car on the dyno.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
St00pidfast

He can tune pretty much anything. My friend has used them for his supercharged s550 and his turbo Camaro, both cars run strong. Jason aka stoopidfast has been tuning cars for years and knows his stuff.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
After searching a ton of old Texas regional forum threads, looks like these are mentioned frequently:

Kinetic Motorsports (may not tune 03/04 anymore?)
Serious HP
Fastlane
Triangle Speed Shop
Houston Performance/Heideman Racing Dynamics

Any experience with these companies? Really looking for a shop/tuner that specializes in modulars and has plenty of experience

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Are you still on stock electronics/stock EFI?
Knowing your likely going to need big injectors, you may be money ahead but selling off the stock package and going aftermarket.
My brothers ‘04 Cobra motor with ‘04 Mach 1 ECU and SCT did not like the ID1300s. He had been 9.00@152 ona single 75mm turbo E85 combo but when we upgraded to big injectors it wasn’t happy.
Just a heads up. Great combo you have there.
-J

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Are you still on stock electronics/stock EFI?
Knowing your likely going to need big injectors, you may be money ahead but selling off the stock package and going aftermarket.
My brothers ‘04 Cobra motor with ‘04 Mach 1 ECU and SCT did not like the ID1300s. He had been 9.00@152 ona single 75mm turbo E85 combo but when we upgraded to big injectors it wasn’t happy.
Just a heads up. Great combo you have there.
-J

This is just a street car, won't be seeing the track. When I was researching the combo, I heard many people have success with stock EEC-V and ID1300s so hopefully I won't encounter any issues. I doubt this combo will go over 1000 on e85 with the stock cams, exhaust logs, and single MF750 pump.

My entire fuel system is:

BBRC custom tank w/internal MF 750 on a double relay
-10 feed/-8 return ptfe lines deadheaded
MF SS in-line filter
MF 4 port reg
Sullivan rails
ID1300 inj
stock frps

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great combo and fuel system, always have liked the internal pump choice and BBRC tanks.
I hope it works, I just know an F1 Procharged E85 combo can get hairy on stock electronics.
Definitely want the tuner on site for this one, even if you have to travel with the car.
Talk to a few quality tuners and see if they think the stock EFI will do it. If not, you want to know now and just go for aftermarket EFI. Lots of quality parts, you want the most out of them.
Last question---Why factory logs with a big Procharged stroker?
-J

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
When it come to tune a car . Texas is first in mind . I figure you won’t have problem find a shop to tune your car.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
After searching a ton of old Texas regional forum threads, looks like these are mentioned frequently:

Kinetic Motorsports (may not tune 03/04 anymore?)
Serious HP
Fastlane
Triangle Speed Shop
Houston Performance/Heideman Racing Dynamics

Any experience with these companies? Really looking for a shop/tuner that specializes in modulars and has plenty of experience

I used Houston Performance with great success.....but this was 20 years ago when it was owned by Steve Drier. No recent experience. Member Jamesson here on svtperformance is currently using them on a terminator build......maybe he will chime in.

Strictly Performance use to do a lot of terminator work, it was owned by a guy named Richard Lelz in Pearland.....but I popped on reviews for them now and they're horrible.

There is also PSI motorsports in Webster. I have not personally used them, but they get great reviews by the ford modular crowd.

cj428mach

Established Member
I self tune with ID1300's and have no issues. As long as your tuner understands the stock PCM can't handle a value of larger than 60lb for the injectors you should be fine.

It would be remote tuning but you might hit up Malcolmv8, he does remote tuning and has done some centri cars.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Great combo and fuel system, always have liked the internal pump choice and BBRC tanks.
I hope it works, I just know an F1 Procharged E85 combo can get hairy on stock electronics.
Definitely want the tuner on site for this one, even if you have to travel with the car.
Talk to a few quality tuners and see if they think the stock EFI will do it. If not, you want to know now and just go for aftermarket EFI. Lots of quality parts, you want the most out of them.
Last question---Why factory logs with a big Procharged stroker?
-J

It was a budget decision when putting the car together, wife was very pregnant and I had these sitting on the shelf from one of my earlier cobras. I’m on the lookout for bassani mid lengths right now, hope to have them in prior to tuning but not letting that hold me up.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I self tune with ID1300's and have no issues. As long as your tuner understands the stock PCM can't handle a value of larger than 60lb for the injectors you should be fine.

It would be remote tuning but you might hit up Malcolmv8, he does remote tuning and has done some centri cars.

Great idea, I forgot Malcolm is tuning. I followed his deadhead setup, I'll see if he is interested in remote tuning.

cj428mach

Established Member
It was a budget decision when putting the car together, wife was very pregnant and I had these sitting on the shelf from one of my earlier cobras. I’m on the lookout for bassani mid lengths right now, hope to have them in prior to tuning but not letting that hold me up.

If you're looking at mid length you might consider jba. They re stainless and no slip fit collectors. Im happy with mine.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
If you're looking at mid length you might consider jba. They re stainless and no slip fit collectors. Im happy with mine.

Funny you mention that, I was just looking up their stuff. I found the JBA 1 5/8" titanium ceramic coated mid-lengths, but it says you need their 3" mid-pipe that appears isn't sold anymore. What midpipe are you using?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

badmpg03

Established Member
If you are in League City - use Patrick at PSI motor sports. He is down the road from you. I used them couple yrs ago when I had the 2.2 KB and he is good, car ran great.
He also set the record in the m2K FGT TT that went 273 mph in Tx mile and makes 2500 HP if that excites you which I thought was cool and why I drove all the way to League City to see his shop.

If you come into Houston, I use Heideman Racing, HRD, who is finishing last tweaks on my car now. Chris is great and has tuned everything from 1200 HP GT500’s to TT terminators.

I never messed with the mail order stuff. Just my preferance.

Users who are viewing this thread