Who all is interested in a custom tune by HERMANN if he were to come to Chicago???

mosconiac

Established Member
UPDATE (5/3/05): Due to Hermann feeling under the weather, we had to postpone to June 3/4. Please check out the thread below to show interest.

The Chicago boys are taking a pointer from the Texans and trying to set up a tuning session with Hermann. We need gauge interest first.

If you are interested in getting your car tuned by Horsepower by Hermann, and you live within driving distance of Chicago, please check out the thread that has developed on ChicagoSVT.com.

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=3272

UPDATE: The above thread was deleted! Please go here instead --> NEW HERMANN THREAD

Hermann is willing if we get 10 cars lined up and we already have 7! Let's do this! We have a lot of cars that are coming out of winter hibernation that are packing a lot of winter mods, so this should happen ASAP! I'll be ready tomorrow if thats what it takes.

I am PSYCHED about getting a "street tune" from HBH. IMO, there is no better way to tune your car than under real-world conditions. Although a powerful tool, a dyno just can't accurately simulate actual conditions.

All of this is unofficial at this point, so I'll let Hermann discuss any details like pricing at his own leisure. I expect that pricing will be similar to the "Texas rates".

Last edited:

blk96SVT

Established Member
I am interested, but it sucks that I am going to be paying for a tune on my car in like 2 weeks. How much is he going to charge if it happens

mosconiac

Established Member
We only need 2 more names the last I looked. Typical pricing is posted in the Chicago SVT thread. Please look there. Hope you can do it, because this is a once-in-a-lifetime type chance!

mosconiac

Established Member
We only need one more committal for the June 3/4 tuning date. Please post on the above thread if you're interested in a street tune by Hermann.

mosconiac

Established Member
Thanks everyone. We filled the minimum number of participants so Hermann is as good as here. If anyone else wants on the list, just keep cutting & pasting names on the list in the above e-mail. Hermann has not limited the number of cars.

I should also mention that I received a temporary tune from Hermann just to get my car on the road until he gets here and it runs smooth and strong. He corrected the "miss" I had at 1500-2000 rpms and the throttle tip-in stumble that has plagued the car forever. I can't wait to see what he can do when he leans on this very conservative tune.

mosconiac

Established Member
We have 15 names on the list now and SVTDubs has confirmed that http://www.chicagodyno.com/ will be the meeting location. Please take a look at their website for driving instructions.

Hermann will be e-mailing his itinerary to me soon, so keep an eye out for additional details to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread