• Yeah, but babied it.

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 60 45.1%

• Total voters

rdvenom99

Established Member
grandestang said:
Hows the performance compared to your 99 cobra?

Paul

Well my cobra had most bolt ons and this car feels almost as quick stock. Also, it handles better even though the cobra had an IRS. I do miss being able to wind it up to 7k rpm but I'm getting a tune that will allow me to go over 6250rpm and the torque is much better below 3.5k rpm with the 3v. Overall its a superior car and I couldn't be happier with it.

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Drove one last month, picking one up in a few weeks. The dealer allready has it on thier lot. I ordered it while I was in korea and I stole it from ford. Sticker was 27,445, but I got it for just under 24k

lukoi

Mustang Modding Newbie
Established Member
To the gent with the question about long hauls.

I got mine and three days later took it to New Orleans from Northern TN. So, about 8hr+ drive give or take. Was surprisingly comfortable for a low slung ride (especially considering I had a smoothe pickup truck before) and very responsive. The fun-factor of the GT made it a little easier to stay awake too :p

I've had mine less than a full month. already put nearly 2k on it. Of course, I can afford to do that since it's gonna be used for only 3 more months and then sit in my Dad's garage for a year, but still, point is, it's deceptively comfortable even on long drives, imo.

prez1967

Established Member
i have not yet driven the new car however i do have some reservations about it. Its the mechanicals that were changed that concern me the most. When i picked up my BMW 330Ci i was excited to see what a hydro clutch and Drive-by-wire throttle would do for responsiveness. They were both a HUGE disspointment in the 330. The delay in the DBW is horrible and the hydro clutch feels somewhat vague. I hear that the throttle butterfly in the 05 Mustang shuts everytime the clutch is pressed in?!>?!?! Does the traction control system shut completely off at least? (it does not in my 330)

Also, the shifter in the 05s that i've sat in feel like they suffer from the usual linkage issues that BMWs have had. I wonder how long it will take the Mustang aftermarket to come up with a design that feels like the shifters from Rogue and UUC.

I'd love to take an 05 for a spin but in all honesty... when i sell the 330, i think i'm going to look into an 03-04 Cobra to park alongside my two Foxes...

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
CanadaSVT said:
I cancelled my order (white GT with spoiler delete). I was getting tired of seeing a couple every day (even up here in the snow). Plus we have one baby and another due in June, so I got myself a brand new 2004 Marauder. Maybe another GT in a couple of years. You know what we at Ford say about first year runs.

+1 I wish I saw a lot more maurauders around here...I may get one myself..

Users who are viewing this thread