• Yeah, but babied it.

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Nope.

Votes: 60 45.1%

• Total voters

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've only had the pleasure of cruising around in one on our lot. I never had an opportunity to see what "it had in it." I did like how smoothly the tranny shifted. The clutch felt "weak" in my opinion but maybe that's just me. I also think they should've upgraded to 160mph speedos instead of going down to 145mph. Great sounding Stereo and I was only listening to the Shaker 500, not the 1000. Very nice ride IMO.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I drove a pre-production '05 GT (auto) about 6months ago. It was comfortable, but it sure was a turd. The stereo was real nice though....not that I'd buy the car for that.

bishopsales

Performance Lug Nut
Established Member
First went for a ride in one last July and got one in November. I love it. Feels stiffer and with a little chassis tuning, the car really hooks hard and feel possitive in the corners.

Can't wait to supercharger mine.

TechRTM

Established Member
They are a Sweet ride for a Stocker! Decent accel. and the GT would make ya feel pretty confident going in and coming out of a dicey corner! Interior is updated and more refined! Love the new suspension.. after being in and underneath these S197's you really start appreciate the update! stock exhaust note is good! It's a great platform to start from!
Needs Wheels and the 235's just don't cut it.
After a set of Springs, Control Arm Relocation and some Camber Adjusters the S197 can be dailed in to handle very confidently through the twisties for a Solid Axle Stang.
ADD 19's and 285's etc! and Presto One Aggressive and Fun Street Stang!

CanadaSVT

Torque Inspector
Established Member
Yep, took one out a couple of weeks ago. Not as crazy as a '04 Cobra. It was red with silver Shelby stripes on it. Felt real good and sure did stop and handle much better than my '88 5.0 and much more comfortable than the 04 Cobra.

A month ago I took out a V6 with auto. I was more impressed with this car. It felt real strong and shifted gears with attitude at full throttle. My 74 year old mother's '93 4-banger Stang should be replaced with one of these.

I'm still trying to get my Canadian dealer to order me a GT with the spoiler delete option, but they are still saying (13D) option is not available here.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I've only had the pleasure of cruising around in one on our lot. I never had an opportunity to see what "it had in it." I did like how smoothly the tranny shifted. The clutch felt "weak" in my opinion but maybe that's just me. I also think they should've upgraded to 160mph speedos instead of going down to 145mph. Great sounding Stereo and I was only listening to the Shaker 500, not the 1000. Very nice ride IMO.

The clutch is plenty strong for the car. Its hydraulic now instead of a cable like the old one(and many 1930's cars) had so it feels light. Not to mention the god-awful fox clutch pedal that was rediculously high is gone too. The pedals are all even like every other car on the planet now. I've spend a bit of time in a few of them. Everything single little thing is better.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
they are fun to drive. took 1 home for 4 days and every one in the neighbor hood would stop and say how great lookin it was, then i threw them the keys to go for a spin. every one loved it :)

plus it is in our rental service ;-)

CanadaSVT

Torque Inspector
Established Member
I cancelled my order (white GT with spoiler delete). I was getting tired of seeing a couple every day (even up here in the snow). Plus we have one baby and another due in June, so I got myself a brand new 2004 Marauder. Maybe another GT in a couple of years. You know what we at Ford say about first year runs.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
the dealerships around here are reluctant to let people sit in the 05s. I dont know what they're thinking, they're just Mustang GTs. By this summer there are going to be 200 sitting on their lots

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
the dealerships around here are reluctant to let people sit in the 05s. I dont know what they're thinking, they're just Mustang GTs. By this summer there are going to be 200 sitting on their lots

yeah thats so true, not sure why they are so anal. I had to take my shoes off for one that a Ford dealer had in illinois.. homos

dfw99cobra

Established Member
One of my good friend went on the waiting list about 6 months early and got a white GT fully loaded minus side air bags. I've driven it 3 or 4 times. Babied the 2 or 3 with him and drove the hell out of it when he wasn't there after the break in period

philthy

Rotten
Established Member
Land of the hartless the home of the paid
I just bought my 05 Roush last week. I traded in the 99 C5 for it. So I think that says what I thought of the car. The C5 was modded to hell and back and the power of the Roush felt good and with the same amount of mod money there is no doubt the new stang would blow it's door off. This will make my 5th stang by the way.

Croco X

SVT Fanboy
Established Member
*is undecided on whether or not to test an '05 GT without intentions of buying right away* I definitely want to try out the '05 GT as that is the one car I want more than anything...however, I don't think I'll be ready to buy. Though by the time I am...they'll probably have the new GT500 ready to go and I'll have something else to drool over.

My only question is this: how are they over long distances? Once I do get one, I might be making a run of about 800 miles between Chicago and Philly every summer. If someone has gone road-trippin' in one, I'd like to know how they felt over the long haul and if it would be worth it to go such a long way in one...I've already heard high praise over the stereo system. ;-) :-D

rdvenom99

Established Member
Sold my 99 cobra last month to buy this 05 GT. Born on April 7th, picked it up April 20th and it is an amazing machine. Only think it needs is wider tires out back and a little louder exhaust.

05stang-01.jpg

05stang-04.jpg

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
rdvenom99 said:
Sold my 99 cobra last month to buy this 05 GT. Born on April 7th, picked it up April 20th and it is an amazing machine. Only think it needs is wider tires out back and a little louder exhaust.

Hows the performance compared to your 99 cobra?

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread