Who’s running nitrous ?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
From everything that I have seen, 100 shot is perfectly fine. I help install nitrous on my buddies 02 GT. 100 shot. No issues with the installation. I think it took 2 hrs.

No experience on a a 4v though.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have run a 100 shot on my 03 Cobra a couple of times. First time I messed up the clutch (it was due for an upgrade anyway). Second time I spun bad off the line and then it kicked in and that car flew. The car was basically stock, but had a tune for nitrous in it. My trap speed was 121 MPH, but my ET was 13 seconds due to spinning. I'm also above 5,000 feet here. So, the air quality sucks for making power.

The installation instructions indicated I needed to run a window switch. So, the nitrous was "on" above 3,000 RPM and would shut "off" below 3,000 RPM. Other than that it was fun and ran great.

I'm not a big track person, so, I have not been back and although the solenoids and bottle are on the car other electronics have been removed so it is currently not working.

Battery cover.JPG

San Diego 3.JPG

20170509_181930.jpg

01ssnake

Established Member
I have run a 100 shot on my 03 Cobra a couple of times. First time I messed up the clutch (it was due for an upgrade anyway). Second time I spun bad off the line and then it kicked in and that car flew. The car was basically stock, but had a tune for nitrous in it. My trap speed was 121 MPH, but my ET was 13 seconds due to spinning. I'm also above 5,000 feet here. So, the air quality sucks for making power.

The installation instructions indicated I needed to run a window switch. So, the nitrous was "on" above 3,000 RPM and would shut "off" below 3,000 RPM. Other than that it was fun and ran great.

I'm not a big track person, so, I have not been back and although the solenoids and bottle are on the car other electronics have been removed so it is currently not working.

View attachment 1681931

View attachment 1681932

View attachment 1681933

Awesome

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Just remember your results will be different. He has a low compression engine with a blower. You're a higher compression N/A engine.

I vaguely remember the 100 shot being the go to back when I started playing with 4V's.

01vert

Established Member
Iirc the 100 shot was considered safer matched to the 125 or 150. Plenty ran that but with a window switch, full throttle switch and a fuel pressure switch. Timing can be pulled in a tune and was recommended on higher hp jets. This is my recollection from years ago on this forum.

Badaz01

Established Member

View attachment 1681931

View attachment 1681932

View attachment 1681933
Wow man nice build looking good. I bet that thing moves out hard.

Users who are viewing this thread