Who’s number one on your playlist?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Happy to hear you guys are into it. I'll keep the little tidbits coming.

This was one of my favorite albums in high school, along with RATM's self titled(s/t) and Deftones - Adrenaline
I played the shit out of this CD.
For those that say they are not MM fans, all I can say is give this album a listen. It is unlike the following albums. Just raw and heavy, before the poppyness rolled in.
This is another hard to find album. Pretty much all the albums of the 90s are hard to find, unless they were repressed/remastered and then repressed over the years. Think about, how many records were sold in the 90s, and how many of those do you think were NIN, AIC, MM etc. Very very few, and of those few, even less are in great shape.

Marilyn Manson - Portrait of an American Family
(1999) original UK press

This album was originally released in 1994, but there was no vinyl version available until 1999.

Resized_20190209_175851_zpsykzjrlwe.jpg

I'm going to start including the Discogs link for you guys. Should give you all/any info you would like to see. Take a look at the value on this one, just to give you an idea of what some of these 90s records are worth.
Marilyn Manson - Portrait Of An American Family

velocicaur

Established Member
I heard someone talking about Sabaton a while back. I don't know how popular they are but it's a Swedish rock band with a lot of songs about history events. It's pretty interesting and it's "different" rock. I don't know what sub rock genre they would be but it's different from what I've heard.

Resist and Bite, To hell and back, Panzerkampf(sp), and Night Witches are a few others.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Well this has been on a loop on the wife's collective music BT. My boys are transferring my hippie child wife into a redneck.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Black Sabbath,.......probably the greatest Heavy Metal band in the world. Actually,...not probably, they are! lol
Megadeth and Metallica debuts are straight gold!!!!!

Metallica definitely hit the ground running with Kill 'em All. It is one of my favorites of the first four Metallica albums. I don't really care for their stuff after And Justice For All.

You could argue that Iron Maiden had a great debut album; I like it. But, I didn't list it because I prefer Bruce Dickinson's vocals. I play their other stuff much more often.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Metallica definitely hit the ground running with Kill 'em All. It is one of my favorites of the first four Metallica albums. I don't really care for their stuff after And Justice For All.
You could argue that Iron Maiden had a great debut album; I like it. But, I didn't list it because I prefer Bruce Dickinson's vocals. I play their other stuff much more often.
I absolutely agree with the Metallica stuff. After 'And Justice For All',.....I don't listen to any of those albums.
My favorite Iron Maiden album is 'Somewhere In Time'. I love that album. The first album that they used guitar synthesizers I believe. Love that sound.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Early Metallica
All amazing stuff. Sabbath was ground breaking and Ozzy is a living legend.
Bruce is back again and touring which is great. Saw Iron Maiden on their last tour with Ghost. It was a fantastic show, as both bands really have a full stage and actually put on a "show".
Metallica was the shit from KEA-MoP
AJFA is great too, but it's just not up there with the first 3. It may be the fact that there is literally 0 bass guitar on the entire album. It gives it that wah wah wah sound.
Eventually Metallica went on to become fem-tallica with the terrible albums... And the whining and bitching about Napster and about anything else people listen to them about.
I will however vouch for their newest LP, Hardwired to Self Destruct. While it is not their best works it is a 100% improvement over anything since AJFA. They did their best to get back to their roots.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Early Metallica
All amazing stuff. Sabbath was ground breaking and Ozzy is a living legend.
Bruce is back again and touring which is great. Saw Iron Maiden on their last tour with Ghost. It was a fantastic show, as both bands really have a full stage and actually put on a "show".
Metallica was the shit from KEA-MoP
AJFA is great too, but it's just not up there with the first 3. It may be the fact that there is literally 0 bass guitar on the entire album. It gives it that wah wah wah sound.
Eventually Metallica went on to become fem-tallica with the terrible albums... And the whining and bitching about Napster and about anything else people listen to them about.
I will however vouch for their newest LP, Hardwired to Self Destruct. While it is not their best works it is a 100% improvement over anything since AJFA. They did their best to get back to their roots.

I agree 100%, though will add that Metallica's newer music is ok, so long as you don't think of them as Metallica. If you pretend its another band, its decent...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I love my metal, but also had a penchant for filthy OG rap...I remember my grandmother finding a Tone Loc tape and flipping out, lol...good thing she didn't find easy, nwa and 2-live crew :D

View attachment 1551509

Lol I also like old Skool rap. I used to blast 2 live crew, easy e, NWA, 2pac, and Biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread