Who’s given up motorcycle riding?

Zemedici

Established Member
201067861_2064110043729893_7911134913384723052_n.jpg

Adower

Established Member
Welp.

I want another bike.

My uncle rode his 2021 H2 by the store yesterday and I fell in love. I think I'm going to have to track one down.
I've only seen one of those in the wild. They're crazy lookin!

Zemedici

Established Member
Welp.

I want another bike.

My uncle rode his 2021 H2 by the store yesterday and I fell in love. I think I'm going to have to track one down.

same plan for me actually. Tanya wants my ZX10, and I want to upgrade to a H2.

only 1 listed online right now in the right black chrome finish, and it appears to be a 'used' 80 mile 2018 unit @ $30,000 lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've only seen one of those in the wild. They're crazy lookin!
It was very impressive. He has the carbon edition one, rather than the mirrored fairings.

He put on some carbon fiber exhaust slip on, and titanium headers. He said something about the mapping wasn't quite right or something.

Definitely gave me the bug.

dwest731

Established Member
Got my first dirt bike when I was 5 and raced MX all over the east coast for about 12 years. Had my pro license and did some televised races, still ride for fun but don’t race any longer. Have a 1/2 mile track behind my house. Still have my 03 R6 and ride it from time to time but nothing like I used to.

I don’t think I will ever stop riding even with kids wife house and all, hell I didn’t stop racing when I broke my neck lol

SHOdown220

Established Member
Took the bike to the mountains yesterday, plan was to ride up to the blue ridge parkway and hop on there for a couple hours and make a big loop back to the house. Plan was about 300 miles total ride. Made it to less than 3 miles to the parkway (1.5 hours from home) when the wife called, my kid running a fever at daycare, need to turn around and head back. Damnit.

dwest731

Established Member
Took the bike to the mountains yesterday, plan was to ride up to the blue ridge parkway and hop on there for a couple hours and make a big loop back to the house. Plan was about 300 miles total ride. Made it to less than 3 miles to the parkway (1.5 hours from home) when the wife called, my kid running a fever at daycare, need to turn around and head back. Damnit.
That sucks! Hope the kid is ok, I’m about 3 hrs from there myself but never made that ride on my bike, which is said to say

SHOdown220

Established Member
That sucks! Hope the kid is ok, I’m about 3 hrs from there myself but never made that ride on my bike, which is said to say
3 hours there is a little rough if you're trying to enjoy it and be back same day. I'm about 1.5 hours so I can get there, spend a couple hours riding the parkway and get back in the afternoon. When I didn't have kids I was there on the bike 2-3 times a month. Been trying to find the time to ride the whole parkway beginning to end but haven't made the time to do it yet. Me and a friend took a weekend and rode about 75% of the parkway, was a fun trip.

dwest731

Established Member
3 hours there is a little rough if you're trying to enjoy it and be back same day. I'm about 1.5 hours so I can get there, spend a couple hours riding the parkway and get back in the afternoon. When I didn't have kids I was there on the bike 2-3 times a month. Been trying to find the time to ride the whole parkway beginning to end but haven't made the time to do it yet. Me and a friend took a weekend and rode about 75% of the parkway, was a fun trip.
Yeah too far to ride a solid trip. I’d trailer back and forth. I’m an hr south of Raleigh NC so there are some killer country backroads that I ride, when I get out that is

nxhappy

Established Member
I've considered it. Unfortunately we have no places within a reasonable distance to ride. Logistics of packing everything up and driving an hour to an off-road park kinda kills that idea.

If I had a few acres, I'd totally do it. But we live in a subdivision. We have enough asshats (illegally) riding dirt bikes in the area and swarming traffic.
one hour is nothing lol. We drive 4-5 hours to ride. Usually a 4 or 5 day trip though. I almost prefer dirt riding. If you wanna launch yourself over a jump go right ahead hahaha.

nxhappy

Established Member
yessss man, let us know how you like it

Had 2015 R1, girl had a 2016.

****ing things ran HOT! borderline uncomfortable in traffic

Ridden for almost a decade now, dont intend to stop.

2013 Zx1000
2015 R1

Currently riding a 2017 ZX10R, filter, pipe, tune, probably makes around 200whp.

I get the sentiment about the cagers, but you just have to keep your head on a swivel, and having a VERY Loud bike doesnt hurt :) People hear me long before they see me.
ride safe bro. we want to keep you around =) both those bikes aint no joke

Carbide

Established Member
yessss man, let us know how you like it

Had 2015 R1, girl had a 2016.

****ing things ran HOT! borderline uncomfortable in traffic

Ridden for almost a decade now, dont intend to stop.

2013 Zx1000
2015 R1

Currently riding a 2017 ZX10R, filter, pipe, tune, probably makes around 200whp.

I get the sentiment about the cagers, but you just have to keep your head on a swivel, and having a VERY Loud bike doesnt hurt :) People hear me long before they see me.
Yeah I won't be commuting on it much.
Mostly in the mountains and the track.

mlackke

Established Member
How long did you ride for?
About 9 years

What made you give it up?
After serious accident I was close end up as vegetable, so decision was easy.

Users who are viewing this thread