• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

White House targets Silicon Valley's alleged anti-conservative bias in proposed executive order

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by quad, Aug 9, 2019.

1. quad

quad Well-Known Member Established Member

BrunotheBoxer and Need 04 Wine like this.
  2. KingBlack

KingBlack most liked on svtp Established Member

you guys do realize you have no right to their platform, the same way we don't have a right to post on this site? While I'm in no way a fan of social media, at their core they are a business that exist to make profits. If you want to control perceived bias of one platform then you must do it to all.

Slippery slope

me32 likes this.
  3. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

Perceived?

Interesting perspective.

4. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Want to play a game? Staff Member Super Moderator

Consider the source...

HillbillyHotRod, me32 and blkGT500nCA like this.
  5. HillbillyHotRod

HillbillyHotRod Hooligan rabble rouser Established Member

If they want to be a social platform they have to be evenly fair to ALL. If they want to slant there views they no longer are a social platform but a opinion platform. And as such have to follow those rules, like being sued for libel. Cannot have it both ways.

6. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

I get your point but they have the power to potentially swing every election from here on out by controlling what we see. As much as I agree with you, for the sake of not becoming ruled under one party for decades to come there has to be some balance. Didnt Obama sign a bill or EO that mandated that media sources offer equal coverage or air time to both sides or something like that? I'm trying to remember what it was specifically about but l remember it.

me32 likes this.
  7. KingBlack

While I agree they should be fair, you're wrong about most of what you've said. Using Twitter as an example - they don't own the speech, they simply provide the platform that allows you to post. Basically, twitter is the town square and people go their to tell their tale.

If you want to test this, go to a college and post a message on a physical message board without a stamp from the college. it will get removed. You don't have a legal right to post to social media platforms and when they allow you to do so, you do so under their rules.

8. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

Be afraid, I hope to hell this expert is wrong.

MassCobra likes this.
  9. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Premium Member Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

That depends.

Twitter for example tweets out emergency weather alerts. If I'm denied access to the public information on their platform is that not a violation of the 14th Amendment?

BlksvtCobra01 likes this.
  10. KingBlack

Yes, they do. And it is a massive problem - social media has lots of power. People should not get their news from SM but they do. Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the individual to educated themselves as to what is true and what is not. Heress the real problem - they operate with the protection of a journalist without being journalist, and anytime you make an attempt at holding them accountable, they simply state that they are a platform and the messages post to them are not theirs, but the opinions of the poster

me32 likes this.
  11. Revvv

Revvv Infinity Poster Established Member

I'm going to sit back and wait for our resident attorneys to comment. This is interesting.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32 likes this.
  12. KingBlack

how? for this to be true, you must first make the argument that internet access is a necessity for life, liberty, or property .

Are you suggesting that internet access is of the same importance as food water and shelter?

It's funny that the same people here that screams ban him/ ban her when they see something they don't like fail to realize that svtp/twitter/FB are the same - social media platforms that you are a GUEST of and have absolutely no legal rights to. So if it is okay to ban people from svtp for things you don't agree with, then why can't twitter of fb do it?

me32 likes this.
  13. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

This also gets us into territory of ensuring that we have free and fair elections which is a role of the government. The problem with this issue is that it is new, never been seen territory we are dealing with. Tech giants controlling the flow of information and providing uneven coverage and uneven platforms for candidates and parties that they oppose. If the gentleman in the video is to be believed with the 2.6-10mil voter swing then the tech giants are actually in control of our elections and that goes against our values of maintaining a free Constitutional Republic. It's worse than Russian meddling in that it is more damaging. It has to be seen as a threat.

But on the other side I understand that they are a private entity that has rights to their own content. That is why I see it as a new issue that has to be handled delicately.

me32 likes this.
  14. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Yes, and unless I’m mistaken, there are several reports that show “their rules” are biased.

Worse than the Russians and their huge interference of $100k in ads.

Democrats are faggots.

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

15. KingBlack

exactly. My mastery of this field has been requested in the court of law and qualified me as an expert witness. My testimony on the subject was used as the standard.

16. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

HillbillyHotRod likes this.
  17. KingBlack

the problem isn't new, it is the rate in which it can spread. But I understand what you are saying. The real problem isn't the troll, or the user that retweets the info, it is the social media platform. it is not in their financial interest to solve this issue.

me32 and svtfocus2cobra like this.
  18. COOL COBRA

COOL COBRA Hell Yes! Premium Member Established Member

You don't need a tinfoil hat to believe that!

me32 and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  19. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

259k users VS 100s of millions?

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32 and BlksvtCobra01 like this.
  20. KingBlack

ok fine, so lets go with that. Legally, what can be done to stop it?